AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 changes on the causal plane due to yoga
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  03:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Salute from Beirut everyone,

I’ve been going through serious dramatic changes these days in my whole being; And I think it’s all due to my yogic practices that seem to have an impact on my whole essence.

Where it’s leading me into going to the causal plane as I’ve read about that experience and thank you Christy for pointing that out in one of my other posts: you've given me a lot understanding concerning this stuff and one good thing leads to another.

but going to that plane is not done by my will, I feel pulled over there during deep sleep and then it’s like as if stuff is being downloaded into me or deeply modified (or as labeled elsewhere:deep karmic changes) but I don’t get them at once when I wake up but I see changes happening in me a week or so later in my behavior in general and i think this stuff is augmenting rapidly due to the recent add of samyama pracice.

First it’s affecting me spiritually, I’m not full of myself and i dislike egotism where it be spiritual, social…. but even though this part of my life concerning yoga and spirituality is kept very private and secretive in my life considering the circumstances of my involvement in the law system plus living in a closed Christian community in the middle east but it is as if I’ve turned into a magnet that pulls people that are searching for the truth and SR toward him and one way or another the discussion comes up plus I am turning kind of spiritualy contagious sometimes.

take for example today I was sitting with two friends of mine on the beach a girl and a guy and suddenly from out of nowhere I got pulled toward that state of being where everything melts and I am space + euphoria (peace) just that, and when I came back to my normal consciousness after a minute or so I told my friends that I felt a little dizzy to explain myself but then suddenly I looked at that girl in the eyes and suddenly she went to that state herself from the description she gave to her wonderful dizziness and this isn’t the 1st time that smthg like this happens it happened 2 or three times b4 but in a different way.

and to add on there is that state of genious muse happening where answers and solutions are coming out of nowhere and they are some pretty damn good ones i must say .

Now to the rest of my behavior the latest one is the incapacity of drinking alcohol even though I used to like it and go to a pub and have a drink or two now and then but these days I feel really disgusted from that stuff even from beer so imagine the heavy stuff and I feel as if it’s poison to my body.

plus there is a big change in my sexual behavior where it’s kind of there and I feel like I’m very ready sexually but there is that big holding back where I am against losing my seamen as if it’s precious gold or something cz it seems that whenever i spend sexual energy now and then i kind of feel like there's a certain holding back and as if smthg needs to be restarted alll over again.

and the same thing is going on with a lot of other stuff in my life.

And It’s a big change in my way of living but I’m not complaining it seems nice but I was thinking today is this going to keep on cause if it does In the end if there is one i might turn into a saint or something like that hehehe

And as usual I post this stuff here cause you guys are the most suited adience whom I can share or relate this kind of stuff with and thk you yogani for this great satsang it’s a real mental layback and I Hope you guys could share some insights with me on what I just posted concerning your experiences and how your practices have impacted your behavior in general.

and even everything is going smooth do you think that such changes need some self pacing.

Namaste,

Ananda

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

quote:

I’ve been going through serious dramatic changes these days in my whole being; And I think it’s all due to my yogic practices that seem to have an impact on my whole essence.

Where it’s leading me into going to the causal plane as I’ve read about that experience and thank you Christy for pointing that out in one of my other posts: you've given me a lot understanding concerning this stuff and one good thing leads to another.

but going to that plane is not done by my will, I feel pulled over there during deep sleep and then it’s like as if stuff is being downloaded into me or deeply modified (or as labeled elsewhere:deep karmic changes) but I don’t get them at once when I wake up but I see changes happening in me a week or so later in my behavior in general and i think this stuff is augmenting rapidly due to the recent add of samyama pracice.

First it’s affecting me spiritually, I’m not full of myself and i dislike egotism where it be spiritual, social…. but even though this part of my life concerning yoga and spirituality is kept very private and secretive in my life considering the circumstances of my involvement in the law system plus living in a closed Christian community in the middle east but it is as if I’ve turned into a magnet that pulls people that are searching for the truth and SR toward him and one way or another the discussion comes up plus I am turning kind of spiritualy contagious sometimes.

take for example today I was sitting with two friends of mine on the beach a girl and a guy and suddenly from out of nowhere I got pulled toward that state of being where everything melts and I am space + euphoria (peace) just that, and when I came back to my normal consciousness after a minute or so I told my friends that I felt a little dizzy to explain myself but then suddenly I looked at that girl in the eyes and suddenly she went to that state herself from the description she gave to her wonderful dizziness and this isn’t the 1st time that smthg like this happens it happened 2 or three times b4 but in a different way.

and to add on there is that state of genious muse happening where answers and solutions are coming out of nowhere and they are some pretty damn good ones i must say .

Now to the rest of my behavior the latest one is the incapacity of drinking alcohol even though I used to like it and go to a pub and have a drink or two now and then but these days I feel really disgusted from that stuff even from beer so imagine the heavy stuff and I feel as if it’s poison to my body.

plus there is a big change in my sexual behavior where it’s kind of there and I feel like I’m very ready sexually but there is that big holding back where I am against losing my seamen as if it’s precious gold or something cz it seems that whenever i spend sexual energy now and then i kind of feel like there's a certain holding back and as if smthg needs to be restarted alll over again.

And It’s a big change in my way of living but I’m not complaining it seems nice but I was thinking today is this going to keep on cause if it does In the end if there is one i might turn into a saint or something like that hehehe

And as usual I post this stuff here cause you guys are the most suited adience whom I can share or relate this kind of stuff with and thk you yogani for this great satsang it’s a real mental layback and I Hope you guys could share some insights with me on what I just posted concerning your experiences and how your practices have impacted your behavior in general.

and even everything is going smooth do you think that such changes need some self pacing.

It sounds like good things are happening. I believe that access to the causal realms is associated with the 8th chakra which is above the crown. Others have described the experience as being like “downloading information”, including AdyaShanti.

The state you enter sounds like samadhi. When you are in samadhi and your eyes are open, a kind of entrainment can happen if someone else looks into your eyes. It is very magic as you know. I regard it as a form of shaktipat as it can have a very powerful effect on others. Don't shy away from it though, it is a safe form of shaktipat.

Genius is associated with the development of the overmind. It is related to the 6th and 7th chakras opening. Answers simply come as if from nowwhere, but of course you are tapping into universal consciousness. Beyond this is the development of the supramental mind, when the mind merges with cosmic consciousness.

I also cannot drink alcohol any more. My body is too pure now. I could end up in hospital after just one beer. Wine is not so bad, but I try to avoid it too as I get a hangover the next day if I drink a glass of wine. It's quite a problem for me as there are many other things I cannot eat or drink now, and I have to be very careful to stay out of hospital.

The spiritual magnetism thing I am sure you know is caused by ecstatic radiance. People will be drawn to you and affected by you and that is good. All you have to do is remain humble and know that you are a servant of God.

I don’t see there is any harm from avoiding sexual activity if you are concerned about loosing your energy. The energy movements inside should soon become more interesting (and fun) than engaging in sex with a woman. I am finding this at times when I am celebate.

The general guideline about self pacing is that if you feel uncomfortable with the rate of change, then cut back on practices a bit. So it's up to you to decide if you feel uncomfortable or not.

Nothing wrong with becoming a saint . After all, that is where all this stuff leads to. And the world is desperately short of saints, especially at the moment.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  11:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

quote:

I should start by saying that for the last few years I have observed less and less desire to have an orgasm the more I practice yoga. I enjoy the feelings associated with sexual activity from the moment it starts, no longer looking for a big release at the end and enjoying the feelings of not ejaculating. In general, no longer looking for highs and experiencing the corresponding lows, but enjoying every moment of it.

I went through a phase where I had a lot of guilt if I had an orgasm and felt that I was setting myself back in the area of spiritual growth. I realized at some point, that I had no way of knowing for certain that it was detrimental for me to have the occasional orgasm, so let go of any negative ideas associated with having an orgasm. Today, the same desire to stay ahead of orgasm, but no self recrimination if I don't.

Hi Christi,

quote:
I also cannot drink alcohol any more. My body is too pure now. I could end up in hospital after just one beer. Wine is not so bad, but I try to avoid it too as I get a hangover the next day if I drink a glass of wine. It's quite a problem for me as there are many other things I cannot eat or drink now, and I have to be very careful to stay out of hospital.

Funny, my body certainly doesn't enjoy too much alcohol, but I have noticed very different effects of alcohol on my body the more I practice yoga contary to what might be expected. I avoid drinking in general, but when I do socially, once a month or two, the alcohol doesn't impact me as much as it used to in terms of thoughts and behavioural changes. When I have a couple of drinks I feel very connected to what Is and as I lay down to sleep there is a soft luminescent radiance in the mind and positive energy flow and mind persepctive. I also hardly notice any symptoms in terms of hangovers either, any drinking overall doesn't seem to impact me like it did when I was younger.

Go figure,

A
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:16:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Ananda,

quote:

It sounds like good things are happening. I believe that access to the causal realms is associated with the 8th chakra which is above the crown. Others have described the experience as being like “downloading information”, including AdyaShanti.

The state you enter sounds like samadhi. When you are in samadhi and your eyes are open, a kind of entrainment can happen if someone else looks into your eyes. It is very magic as you know. I regard it as a form of shaktipat as it can have a very powerful effect on others. Don't shy away from it though, it is a safe form of shaktipat.

Genius is associated with the development of the overmind. It is related to the 6th and 7th chakras opening. Answers simply come as if from nowwhere, but of course you are tapping into universal consciousness. Beyond this is the development of the supramental mind, when the mind merges with cosmic consciousness.

The spiritual magnetism thing I am sure you know is caused by ecstatic radiance. People will be drawn to you and affected by you and that is good. All you have to do is remain humble and know that you are a servant of God.

I don’t see there is any harm from avoiding sexual activity if you are concerned about loosing your energy. The energy movements inside should soon become more interesting (and fun) than engaging in sex with a woman. I am finding this at times when I am celebate.

The general guideline about self pacing is that if you feel uncomfortable with the rate of change, then cut back on practices a bit. So it's up to you to decide if you feel uncomfortable or not.

Nothing wrong with becoming a saint . After all, that is where all this stuff leads to. And the world is desperately short of saints, especially at the moment.

Christi

Hey Christy :),

great post thk you for sharing it with me and guess i'm going to keep on my practice as it is.

namaste my sister and thk you for the support you are a kind person.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Anthem, guess i'm at that exact phase right now nd every time there is ejaculation it feels as if it's all back to phase 1 spiritualy and i can feel it in my energetic system for example the ecstatic conductivity becomes a lot less and the feeling of the energy and the tube becomes a lot less...

kind regards and thk you for dropping by my friend.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:42:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Christy :),

great post thk you for sharing it with me and guess i'm going to keep on my practice as it is.

namaste my sister and thk you for the support you are a kind person.

Ananda

Yes, I would carry on just as you are. It all sounds to be going well.

Just for the record, I'm a man. I know the name is a bit confusing because of the "i" on the end, but I'm just not ready to drop it yet.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lolz i see some Ramakrishna in what you just mentioned.

take care amigo,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  6:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
going to the causal plane...

If its to change then that would be a good place to start...

From what I know its affects us "down" here although ofcourse we are all connected anyway...

Actually scratch that it could be starting down here...

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  12:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking back at similar writings of mine now. I see that most of it came from false personality and egoism. Plus in this case i was under the effect of suggestionability due to reading adyashanti’s own experience... And perhaps wanted to see in myself or appear to others as a spiritual “mucho.” I am sorry about this. Maybe a bit too hard on myself. But this is the truth. No one told me to write this. I just stumbled unto this post and felt like it’s the right thing to do.

Much love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  06:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thank you for sharing. I believe that what you wrote in 2008 was your experience, and what you write now is your experience, also. Knowledge is different in different states of consciousness. What was true at one point, it might appear less so later. Eventually it becomes obvious that the creation is made of stiches of wholeness (yoga sutras ). Each point is a hologram of the whole, no less, no more.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  11:02:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Blanche here. Can a flower criticize the bud that it blossomed from? Likewise, can a butterfly forget its past as that of a caterpillar?

Your writings and bhakti have been a source of joy for me at least. Not only you, but all the long term practitioners and the many posters who have written down their experiences for posterity.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  8:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great of you to check in Ananda. When I started AYP over four years ago, your posts provided much wisdom and clarity. I dare not look at how I posted back then time and practice has certainly clarified things!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  05:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Good to see you back!

Yogani once said that the ego is the starting point for everyone on the path, but at some point, it has to saw off the limb of the tree that it is sitting on.

Lesson 350 comes to mind:

Practices for Moving Beyond the Witness Stage

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  12:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much love to you dear friends. Ayp have always been my home. In a sense I am back here where i’ve started.

Much love to all
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  02:25:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love to you Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000