Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 kechari......extends life?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  8:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
is this true?

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2008 :  10:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like it to be true :D. I don't have any evidence on this but it would be really good to be true. Ask me in 40 years
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  12:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't know if it's true but kechari stimulates the pineal gland (third eye) in a big way, and that gland produces melotonin and this substance is concidered as a powerful tool in helping our amune system and like juice for the brain to keep it fresh.

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  05:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know Kechari extends life by intercepting the amitra on its way down.

But I never understood this.....wouldn't you WANT that amitra to drop???
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2008 :  3:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't see how it stops the amrita from dropping. If a fluid was dropping from the sinuses it would still drop with the tongue in kechari. For me the difference is energetic. There is a different feeling or state of conciousness that come from practice in kechari than without. It is like there is a glow in the head. I never felt a fluid drop except for when trying to penetrate the sinus holes with my tongue and causing some fluid from the sinus to flow, but this was not stopping but rather stimulating that fluid and it doesn't happen during pranayama or meditation. Not sure if that helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000