Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 pleasure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  9:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
from what I understand, In yoga the ideal is to live beyond good and bad and not be to attached. When you say one thing is good then that means something else is bad, when you say one thing has beaty then that means something else is ugly, I thing it talks about that in the tao te ching on the first page. So in the union beyond ego how do we derive pleasure while in the world. If everything in perfet and the world is as it should be, then why try to change anything? If we have to work everyday for multiple hours and see our family very little, should we not value that time with other people more then work? Or does plaing values on things bring more suffering? SHould I not get pleasure from surfing or playing golf because these are things my "ego" likes? just some questions that I ask in all sincerety.
thanks for your time and my best to you
Neil

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  12:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since you're asking for opinions, I'll offer mine: one should realize that all worldly pleasures are impermanent, and then decide for oneself whether or not one wishes to chase after such impermanent phenomena.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  02:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok, they say to take everything away, but they're lying, they're like... giggling on the inside. The question really is just... what's left when you go into no-thing. If you've meditated... you've known silence, that's all it is. You just sorta make your way through the gap of meditation vs everyday life. Basically, what are all the differences... until there's no difference left. Until you're whole, inside and out, when there's just one dimension left (I stole that from osho haha :) he's good for this stuff). But it's not one dimension left, it was the only dimension all along. The only One. Self... you know, that stuff :).

The rest of your questions... forget em, just go in, go out, go in, go out (I stole that from the dude that works at my convenience store haha). Live an aware, meditative life (osho again).
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  07:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
neil,

The whole point is... the world will still be the world. Good stuff will still be good stuff... and it will be there for enjoyment... The difference is:

YOU won't be there to enjoy it! IT will!

My experience is that... when the emptiness is realized, form by itself is a miracle! So there is a total fascination that form - whether ugly, beautiful, painful or pleasant - exists at all, cause... there's nothing there, as Divineis says. There's actually nothing here... everything just appears to be here, and that is the Mystery, the miracle... and that's what you fall in love with! You fall in love with form.

But I guess... when that becomes the reality full time and not just heavenly glimpses as for me... and personality is still there with all its preferences... it will continue to display itself! You will not suddenly start eating bad tasting food just because food at all is a miracle. You won't be drawn to mate with the ugliest girl, although you'll see her as the beautiful Shakti anyway and treat her as a Goddess. You'll choose to have vacation at beautiful locations like Hawaii and not at the city dump, even though you'll cry of the beauty of the city dump and see it as one of your marvellous creations!

Edited by - emc on Jun 28 2008 07:52:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000