Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Tuning In
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  5:44:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I take the ferry across the lake to I like to stand near the bow and gaze out at the water. Water has always captured my attention. I especially love the sight of the sun dancing in the waves in ever-shifting mesmerizing pinpoint patterns of light. Last week I noticed a little boy with his mother on the other side of the boat. The boy was looking out at the water with a look of total abandonment. I hoped he would look over at me so I could smile in recognition of our mutual delight but he was spellbound by the spectacle of light and water.

Last night I read this in Chapter 11 of Awakening the Third Eye (http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe...SaganATE.pdf):

“When you ‘tune into’ an object… [y]ou let the qualities of the object become alive inside you. It is no longer a postcard that you receive, it is a living feeling…

…Colours and lights start to feed you: the blue of the sky, for instance, or the light from the stars, or even the yellow of a Tshirt... You can literally ‘drink’ the colours and their energies. You derive forces from them that strengthen your soul. This allows you to understand why little children, who are not yet living inside the frame of the mind, can be so fascinated by colours and light.”

Yes, that’s it! Drinking the light! It was really wonderful to have explained in such detail (there’s a whole chapter devoted to “The Art of Tuning In”) what I actually experience and how I can develop a skill I already have to further expand and enrich my reality.

Namaste,
Joe

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  7:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Joe,
Your entry made me smile.
Namaste,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  12:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:) sweet stuff, thk you for sharing.

kind regards

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2008 :  12:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda and Jan, thank you. Your posts made me smile, too

Yesterday I tried tuning in with the third eye to some beautiful flowers outside of a local food co-op. The orange daisys in particular caught my attention. I sensed their light both in the sense of non-darkness and insubstantiality. Very hard to describe, but there was again this sense of being fed on some level.

Inside the store I tried again with some dramatic large blue flowers (I'm forgetting flower names). This time the experience was intense! I had to pull back after a second because I thought I was going to cry.

Last night I tried tuning in to this video of Niyaz performing Allahi Allah in Los Angeles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91pMQfuZf04

This time I did cry. I had to stop the video three times. This opening up process sounds great, but it's actually quite difficult for me to do. A while back I realized that I was connecting to a state of being I experienced as a young child. But I categorically rejected the reality of my childhood and spent over three decades in denial and doing everything in my power to become a different person from that child. Re-embracing this reality is, in some ways, one of the most difficult things I can imagine doing, although I now know I am connecting with the "real" me.

namaste,
Joe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000