Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 dripping feeling down the face and head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  08:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lately in deep meditation I have experienced what feels like liquid dripping down the front of my face, mostly on the right side. It's a nice feeling, and like most experiences, goes away if I pay attention to it at all. What does this mean?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 20 2008 09:38:47 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  09:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  09:45:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by scottfitzgerald

Lately in deep meditation I have experienced what feels like liquid dripping down the front of my face, mostly on the right side. It's a nice feeling, and like most experiences, goes away if I pay attention to it at all. What does this mean?

Hi nothing to worry about Scott we all get stuff like that, itches, twitches, strange sensations, their just all symptoms of purification in the nervous system.

Your doing the right thing just let your attention rest there for a moment and then go gently back to the mantra.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  11:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

There are not many things that drip down the face and head during meditation. One is sweat, and the other is ojas. See here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=3204#3204

Ojas feels like beads of prana running down the face/head. It eminates from the crown chakra or around the forehead. One way to tell the difference between sweat and ojas is that sweat follows the laws of gravity, whereas ojas wil flow within the magnetics of the pranic body. This means that if you are lying down, ojas will still flow towards your feet, but sweat will flow towards the centre of the earth.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

kadak

79 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  09:04:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Tibetans call it the white drop. It has to flow within the central channel in order to be useful. As long as it drips in the lateral channels, it serves no purpose.

regards
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000