Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How do i talk to myself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  05:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I love my meditation and the brilliant presence that it makes me aware of but i would like to know how to communicate with the presence! What i mean is, i know that it is our real being and it feels wonderful but how do i actually communicate with myself?...lol. Knowing that i am not this body or my thought's is great but from that point onward what do i do? How do i begin with right action? Is it via intuition? Or do i sit and wait for some intention to come into my mind? I really don't know and would be delighted to hear anyone's comment's on this.

p.s. Ive just found a wonderful web site with all sorts of great spiritual information....http://www.gnosticteachings.org
Thank's all!

Edited by - UniversalMind on Jun 24 2008 06:23:49 AM

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  06:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who are you that are asking the questions? Who is confused? If you are not your body and not your thoughts, who is questioning? If you are the Self there's only One there. Communication needs two, so there's obviously a separation going on... see the logic in that?

When just being, there are no more questions...
There is no more doing. Only the mind believes it is the doer.

Movement happens spontaneously in stillness.

Barry Long's advice is superior:

If you don't know what to do: Do nothing.

Sooner or later there will be a pull towards something, whether it is the mind pulling or the Stillness acting.

Go to Top of Page

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  07:22:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,
What i am trying to get at is how does my inner intelligence transfer i.e communicate, right action and thought to this body, mind. Also how would i know it was my inner intelligence that was coming through and not some mind delusion?

Thank's.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  09:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience, consciousness distorted by mind creates suffering in one way or another

- highs that later leads to a sense of lack when it's no longer there
- lows (don't need more explanation I guess)

Pure consciousness moving cannot create any negativity. It may seem negative if interpreted by the mind, but in reality it is pure love.

What i am trying to get at is how does my inner intelligence transfer i.e communicate, right action and thought to this body, mind.

There is no transfer. The intelligence IS action, thought and body-mind. The ocean doesn't transfer the quality of water to the drop, does it?

Edited by - emc on Jun 24 2008 3:14:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  5:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again emc,
If the intelligence is this thought, mind and body and it is pure being, how come im not enlightened? Why am i not performing right action, speech etc. I don't doubt what you are saying emc but i am looking for a connection from real being to our mind. If this mind dies with my body then it cant be the real eternal consciousness that we seek, therefore i am searching for the process by which i can put into action my real being consciousness through my temporary mind, body.

Thank's again.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  9:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You ARE already enlightened, but just not yet fully awake to that. Don't worry about talking to yourself--begin by just listening...
Michael
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  01:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ahaha yeah, what mikkiji said, enlightenment's our nature. It's no super power of being "right all the time". Just keep doing what you do, loving what you love, looking down upon what you don't like... there's no forcing your way out of any of those thoughts\emotions. The "trick" is to go into them, to get to know them, to live with awareness. And you can't force awareness, there's no forcing "I am not my body, not my mind". Really... you are your body, your mind, you're everything, your mind just throws in "seperation" into the mix, and you're that too, we could say it's an illusion... and you're also that concept.

and now you're .... three dots .

:) you're a smiley face too. You look at it, that's it. That's all there is to it. I don't really like the "im not my body, not my mind attitude", for me it's more "I'm everything that comes under my awareness", that attitude helps you to "go into" things more. To love everything that comes your way, because before you know it, it's gone. It's all an "intransient impermanent illusion" which is all the greater reason to love it that much more, cuz it's gone before you know it. Forget seeing the illusion, just go into it, and you'll get to know this "abiding in awereness" thing more and more.

Think of it as cutting your head off, and going on with your life. You're not stuck in your brain anymore. And forget I said that now :) haha.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  01:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Universal_ mind, it's great questions, and do you know what? Just before meditation yesterday I just opened my book on Patanjali's sutras, laborated on by the author Chip Hartranft. This is the page that was opened:

"In Patanjali's psychology, the mind is not the vehicle for the direct insight of realization, in which the world is seen as a dynamic flow of phenomena regarded by an unchanging, impersonal awareness. The qualities of these two domains, mind and awareness, seem so opposed that any analysis might well conclude that they are mutually exclusive, as his did, or or reflect radically different aspects of the mind, as some Buddhist traditions maintain.

This conclusion reflects the mind's irresistible compulsion to reify and classify its experiences in relation to the self. It is in the nature of mind to sort things apart, compartementalize them, and identify the laws governing their behavior and separateness. So the philosophical mind rightly sees dualism in Patanjali's isolation of awareness (purusa) from consciousness (citta) and nature (prakrti).

However, any philosophical analysis must also take inot account Patanjali's negation of purusa, which he strips of any self properties whatsoever. Awareness itself has no attributes - no thought, action, cause, effect, temporality, materiality, or interaction with the world. One well might ask: Isn't seeing perhaps the fundamental, defining action of a self? Patanjali's reply is that the whole point of yoga is to recognize that seeing is not a self activity at all. In other words, the self stands before awareness, not behind it.

Another objection might also arise: Isn't purusa's "coupling" to an individual being throughout life, dissolution and rebirth a kind of interaction? Here it may be recalled that the apparent indivisibility (samyoga) with which awareness seems to be coupled to a being ant its consciousness is a construct, not of awareness, but of consciousness. When the bustling consciousness apparatus (citta) is transformed through yogic stilling (nirodha) and thereby allowed to assume something like the luminous, porpoertyless nature of awareness, the apperance of coupling vanishes. This is not due to any action by purusa, which only knows action, but by the fact that samyoga is an artifact of citta. And it is this artifactual samyoga - the unconscious, deeply held notion that awareness and everything else must be of the same order - that makes purusa's separateness (kaivalya) so jarring and difficult to accept. If this was not so, and the mind were able to see through the coupling of awareness and consciousness, liberation would be a far simpler matter."

Don't worry, just keep on meditating and ask "Who the hell am I?" and everyhing will unfold.

See here what I wrote about the misidentification that the consciousness does:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=2#34594
Go to Top of Page

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  05:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for your input!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000