Enlightenment Milestones
 scenery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  08:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm prompted by emc's post this morning under "Anyone seen this?" to add my thoughts on scenery. (Nice post, btw, emc). My scenery has been primarily excess kundalini energy (with a couple of scary incidents - nothing too major), and then a lot of visual delights. I haven't experienced much scenery for quite a while - many months - and rather than feeling dismayed by this, I'm happy that they've mostly disappeared. When I meditate, there are no distractions for my mind to assess; I can simply experience the expanding awareness, along with the bliss that often accompanies it. In short, I prefer the silence. And although it's been mentioned on the forum many times, I can now understand first-hand how a heart overflowing with bliss (or enveloped in silence) is far more profound and useful than any scenery that may be experienced along the way.

Has anyone else had this experience? A gradual loss of scenery, to be replaced by deeper silence/awareness/emptiness?

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  11:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Meg.

Nothing else can measure up to That from which all scenery expresses.

The absolute see nary a scenery?
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  2:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks meg, and nice to see you here again!

I have noticed a remarkable decrease in "vision scenery" during meditation, yes. Most of my scenery now comes in the resting period afterwards.

Edited by - emc on May 12 2008 1:48:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  4:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, same for me as EMC above.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg
Yes nice to see you here again, has been a while

The resting period after practice has generally been the time of deepest peace for me.
But generally the only time I get scenery is during yoni mudra kumbhaka

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  2:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Hi Meg
Yes nice to see you here again, has been a while

The resting period after practice has generally been the time of deepest peace for me.
But generally the only time I get scenery is during yoni mudra kumbhaka

That's how it is for me.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  08:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000