AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Ever seen this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  09:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am sure folks, many of you would have seen light in meditation (between eyebrows or else where) but has anyone ever experienced seeing an eye (or something other than light?)

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2006 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen the eye. It's a little eerie - makes me feel like I'm being watched. "The Eye with which I see God is the Eye with which God sees me." (Meister Eckhardt). I've also seen on occasion a strange, layered thing, very close to, so that I can only see sections at a time. I think the layers are petals....thousands of them.... :)
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  5:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg - what do you do with that vision? What does it indicate?
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2006 :  7:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya - I don't do anything with it, except enjoy it. It indicates to me that I'm purifying and moving in the right direction with my practices. I used to think it meant that I was the recipient of some holy gift, but AYP cured me of that. :) I've come to understand all this stuff as signs of purification.
Go to Top of Page

Maatsuah

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  09:14:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maatsuah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aditya

I've seen an eye starring at me in meditation once or twice myself. I've meditated for a few years now and have seen alot of things like a vivid blue Star of David, musicians playing, flocks of birds flying peacefully into the sun. And the nice part is that it never felt odd or scarry. It always seemed natural and peaceful from the start.

I've heard it said that the eye you saw is an archtype of the Eye of Ra which is an Egyption symbol for the sun. But this is only one meaning. These symbols usually have mutiple meanings. Seeing these things, to me, would indicate that our third eyes are indeed opening.

Before I had this experience I wondered whether the third eye was real but now I don't wonder anymore. I am certain it is from experince. Isn't that a great feeling. One time I was sitting in the living room with my eyes closed because the sun was bright when all of a sudden I saw a burst of light from the center of my head and afterward I could see the window in front of me with my eyes closed. It looked just like the window, but it had an odd glow to it. We're probably learning to use more and more of our brains as we meditate. But that's a guess of mine.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  12:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maatsuah

Hi aditya
Before I had this experience I wondered whether the third eye was real but now I don't wonder anymore. I am certain it is from experince. Isn't that a great feeling. One time I was sitting in the living room with my eyes closed because the sun was bright when all of a sudden I saw a burst of light from the center of my head and afterward I could see the window in front of me with my eyes closed. It looked just like the window, but it had an odd glow to it. We're probably learning to use more and more of our brains as we meditate. But that's a guess of mine.

I to have had this experience several times, every time it has been when I have been interrupted during meditation, interesting

Richard
Go to Top of Page

billeejak

20 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2006 :  2:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit billeejak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to a rendering (albeit cartoonish) of what is typically seen at the ajna chakra with kriya yoga practice.

http://xc0.xanga.com/e5e19606362a93...2861068.jpeg (In no way am I endorsing this individuals website mind you)

The Home Foundation has another rendering here... http://www.thehomefoundation.com/ (again not commenting on the site)

If you look up while you are in the twilight state of entering and exiting sleep you will probably see it then if you do not already. There can also be a black circle in the center of the "star".

Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  10:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies.

It is almost like The Home Foundation picture - difference is that you cannot see all in one go. (outer to inner ring).

Here is how it goes:

First of all there is a point of light which expands and blue colored circle is formed. The gradual change is not that fine colored(it gets deep very fast). This circle keeps expanding until star with 5 corners starts forming. In the center there is black spot which grows with time. Finally it is a light and darkness (circle) alernating and then there is eye.

Edited by - aditya on Jul 19 2006 10:57:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  1:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. Thanks for those images, billeejak. I've seen the concentric circles. But for clarification purposes, when I refer to an eye, I mean a literal, human eye rather than an abstraction. Have any of you seen this? Now I'm curious. It appears right at ajna, fairly large, unblinking.
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2006 :  4:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is an eye - a human eye - that is what I was referring to!
Go to Top of Page

Maatsuah

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2006 :  09:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maatsuah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen a circle, but yes Meg, I have also seen this large unblinking eye at the Ajna. As I said, I think anything seen at this chakra could have a number of meanings like a dream. I have heard people who study the Ancient Egyptian (Ausarian) relgious belief system refer to this as the Eye of Ra which is another meaning for the Sun/Son. In Egypt the Eye of Ra was God's right eye and was later usurped by Horus/Heru who some people believe is the Archetype of Jesus the Christ (Son of God). The left eye was the moon.

But we all know how dreams are Meg. You can have dream with a physical, intellectual and spiritual meaning all rolled into one image which makes dreams so hard to decipher. Same with any symbols. Egyptians followed this phenomenon in dreams when they invented Hieroglyphics. These glphs had more than one meaning which is why the Eye of Ra can mean Son, Sun or Christ.

It probably has other meanings as well which would be equally acceptable. I just don't know about these.
Go to Top of Page

gaja lakshmi

Taiwan
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  04:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit gaja lakshmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think someone noticed you from either your past life gurus or gods
Go to Top of Page

gaja lakshmi

Taiwan
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  04:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit gaja lakshmi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
do u remmber which eye left or right
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2007 :  05:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is interesting. I see eyes in different ways.

When I first woke up spiritually I had many visits from an eagle. It was staring with his eye, watching me on several occasions, not in meditation. I have sometimes since then just seen that eagle eye now and then. In meditation I see "Gods eye", like an ikon hanging in churches. It is alive and "human" but the same symmetric "boat shape" all the time. I think that is the one you refer to here.

But then there's another kind of eye I have experienced two times. It is a much more three dimensional "real" eye in chrystal clear colours in the right corner of my view field. I feel the presence of another person and I just "know" someone is visiting me. The first time this happened I knew it must be a friend of mine who is a talented dream walker (conscious during sleep and can go out of his body easily, and may heal others for example or help in whatever way during night). That visit I got confirmed by him - it was actually his eye I saw. The other
time was actually last Sunday during meditation, why I think it is interesting that this thread wakes up right now... This time it was a brown eyed person, male, who visited me. I guess it must be someone who knows that the link to me was more open during our Sunday meditation, so I cast my thoughts to someone at AYP. I don't feel the need to know who it was, though. It felt perfectly ok with that short visit.

Edited by - emc on Apr 24 2007 05:54:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  04:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know we have discussed this "eye" that can be seen during meditation in several threads. I just quickly found this thread to add my post...

I had this beautiful experience today when I suddenly identified with the eye instead of "me" being watched by the eye. I was the watcher, I was the eye... The I... And as that realization hit me and the quickest slight thought appeared: "What do I see?" - it exploded in light that eventually took the form of a white glowing bright empty buddha contour, with all the chakras in a row shining bright like white stars - no colours on the chakras, just bright light, sitting in deep meditation. It was looking at itself as "emc's meditating body" or something...

Lovely scenery. Just for sharing some fun...

Edited by - emc on May 11 2008 04:58:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  11:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I know we have discussed this "eye" that can be seen during meditation in several threads. I just quickly found this thread to add my post...

I had this beautiful experience today when I suddenly identified with the eye instead of "me" being watched by the eye. I was the watcher, I was the eye... The I... And as that realization hit me and the quickest slight thought appeared: "What do I see?" - it exploded in light that eventually took the form of a white glowing bright empty buddha contour, with all the chakras in a row shining bright like white stars - no colours on the chakras, just bright light, sitting in deep meditation. It was looking at itself as "emc's meditating body" or something...

Lovely scenery. Just for sharing some fun...

Very lovely scenery emc
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  08:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000