Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Life Force Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hope

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  11:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit hope's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

A statement that was made to me has been bugging me for the last three months and I don't understand what it means. Some one told me that we were connected by a "life force". I understand that everything is connected by a life force but I don't understand what exactly he was trying to tell me. I don't know if it was a positive thing or a negative thing and I don't understand what it means to be connected by a "life force" with regards to a relationship. Can someone give me some insight. I am now getting into spirituality so some things I just don't get yet.

Thanks,
Hope

Edited by - hope on May 03 2008 11:09:13 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  11:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully your friend had good intentions and was referring to a spiritual connection. It's not unique to your relationship; everyone has a lifeforce connection to everyone else, and everything else, nature, animals, trees, everything.
This energy is universal, in that it comes from God, if you believe in God, or if not, it is just "the force". It doesn't matter what people believe, just as it wouldn't matter if a fish believes the ocean is called "oceania" or not.

Life force has hundreds of names; prana, chi, ki, etc. It becomes different things depending on where it is and what it is being used for. It is the same as sexual energy when used for procreation, then it becomes the life in a baby. But also it can be used to reach God if you believe in God, or even to enlighten humans who don't believe in God.
This energy is everywhere and in everything, and fortunately for us we live in a time when the energy is increasing. We can use it for wonderful things if we align ourselves with it by clearing impurities in our own nervous system and acting as a positive influence for other people.
That's what AYP is about- see the "main lessons" link above.
I would ask your friend what they meant and by their reaction you should get your answer. You can tell if it's the truth by if the person is in alignment with themselves. What we are all working towards is to have our body, mind, spirit, and emotions in alignment so we don't work against ourselves. When somebody lies, they have to put their true emotions out of view and create an illusion.
Go to Top of Page

hope

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  8:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit hope's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Estherfish,

thanks for posting a reply. I guess I still don't understand what this person meant by this statement nor I ever will(since I don't speak to him anymore), and now its just speculation on my part because I may have wanted it to mean something substantial. One of these days the meaning of life force I think will click for me. I am very self centered and I sometimes think that the world revolves around me and my self. I think this will change as I continue to meditate more and will start to adopt a more big picture view of myself and the world around me. I have to be careful of people that create illusions though, although I am 33, I am still naive in a lot of ways and believe what people tend to tell me without question, but then I have this part of myself that finds it hard to trust anyone except close friends. Somehow even with my sense of caution and distrust I am still naive. I have now resorted to relying on my intuition to help me with things especially relationships and friends.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  11:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes meditation will make your intuition very strong and helpful.

Either he was trying to manipulate you by making you think there is something special between you two, or he was trying to tell you that you have more than a casual connection because of a previous involvement in another life.

You would know if there was a connection in a previous life. it makes you feel an unusually strong attraction (or repulsion) for the person for no apparent reason.
If he was trying to manipulate you, you would know because of how he treated you when you knew him.

But if your intuition is getting good, you can just ask the question with a lot of emotion, then let it go and have faith that the answer will come. Don't think anymore about it after this, and when it pops in your mind, just tell yourself "That has been taken care of; no need to think of it anymore."
Then the answer will come to you. You will probably see something or remember something that answers your question within a few days.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  01:39:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Either he was trying to manipulate you by making you think there is something special between you two, or he was trying to tell you that you have more than a casual connection because of a previous involvement in another life.

There's no either or... that's what life force means.

It's a big question with no answer. Just go into the question, boom, you have the answer (haha, I dunno why, I always envision enlightenment as making a boom sound. I reckon it's more of a
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000