AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 I always cry after meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lshutt

2 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  4:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit lshutt's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am completely new to this type of meditation and find that I always end up feeling really sad, sometimes heartbroken, as I come out of the meditation and have to cry my eyes out for a few minutes. Is this a bad sign, as I can't help but wonder if somehow I'm doing it wrong?

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  5:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ishutt, and very welcome to the forum!

What you describe is not uncommon and it is a VERY GOOD SIGN! You know, meditation is the best therapy - it cleans out all our old emotions that is no longer necessary for us to carry around. The Stillness that you "call on" when you use the mantra I AM is the broom! It sweeps your innermost rooms where emotional garbage has cluttered. Meditation starts this cleaning and often sorrow, immense sorrow, can bubble up! You don't have to understand what's behind the emotions that comes along, what the wounds actually are about. It works just fine anyway - just let the Force do what it's doing!

The crying is cleansing, purification! Just let the tears come... and go... When the crying is over, it's over. Then go out and live your life. There will be periods of sadness, happiness, anxiety, anger, fear... in cycles the emotions will come... and go... In the long run, you will hopefully feel your life getting easier and easier outside of practices.

Related lessons may be:

http://www.aypsite.org/134.html

And if the sadness stays also outside of practices during the day, this and related links may be worth reading:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2175

All the best,
emc
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  5:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lshutt

I am completely new to this type of meditation and find that I always end up feeling really sad, sometimes heartbroken, as I come out of the meditation and have to cry my eyes out for a few minutes. Is this a bad sign, as I can't help but wonder if somehow I'm doing it wrong?

Hi lshutt,

I agree with emc's statements describing crying as a purification phenomenon.

I have had plenty of experience with crying in spiritual settings, during shaktipat initiation, during meditation, and during other spiritual activities...crying tears of longing for God.

Here are some links to related postings:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3546

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=4

Don't worry, lshutt, everything will be okay.

Sita Ram,
Suryakant
Go to Top of Page

lshutt

2 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  03:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit lshutt's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for help, I am really grateful, I understand now what's going on behind all those tears. I thought I might have been tapping into something bad, but I now see this is just a normal part of the process for me! Much appreciation, thanks!

Louise
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  5:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louise,

If you find the emotional release too intense, you can decrease the amount of time spent in each meditation session. So for example, if you meditate for 20 minutes twice a day, 15 may be sufficient.

Otherwise, if you are comfortable with the release and feel ok during your day then carry on.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000