Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 asanas before meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  12:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
doing asanas before meditation, does this tend to awaken the chakras? would it be advisable to roll right out of bed and meditate or would postures first help to prepare the body and the subtle body?
just thoughts
Neil

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  12:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil

quote:
doing asanas before meditation, does this tend to awaken the chakras? would it be advisable to roll right out of bed and meditate or would postures first help to prepare the body and the subtle body?
just thoughts
Neil

I am not an expert on asanas or the under the hood stuff concerning them but I can say from experience that doing some asanas or just simple stretching exercises as the the first part of your practices has a definite positive effect.

There are people on this forum who are very experienced and knowledgeable about asanas and there subtle effects and I am sure they will answer your question much better than me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000