AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 a sign of progress or regression?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theileon

5 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  08:50:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit theileon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i have been meditating for around a year. for the first 10 or so months i would have beautiful visuals, shapes in my minds eye with my eyes closed, an image of the helix winding around my spine occurred during pranayama also. recently however the visuals have disappeared. is it just that i have moved to a different level of purification? i dunno, sometimes i feel less without these visuals during meditation. wonder if anyone else has had similar experiences

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  12:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Theileon,

I have had evolution in my experiences like this as well where there were initially lot's of bells and whistles as the inner energies became awake. As time past, these dramatic moments subsided but I could always see an ongoing expansion of my consciousness and perspective. To me, this is the more important part of the equation.

Are you experiencing greater clarity in your life, enjoying more calmness, better relationships with those around you and less time in emotional ups and downs. These are the real measures of the quality of life and the progress of your spiritual practices.

Even in these areas there will be days where it feels like 2 steps forward and 1 backward, but if you look at periods of weeks and months, can you see a steady progress? This is what I look for.

All the best and welcome to the forum!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000