Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Am I meditating correctly.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hope

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  11:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit hope's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I am pretty new to meditating its my 1st week. I am starting with the I AM mantra, however the instructions are to not stay on it but to let your mind wander and then come back to it. It seems that it is hard for me to let my mind wander and come back to it. I seem to be able concentrate on saying the I AM and push all thoughts coming into my head. I don't know if its becaue I am so excited about meditating that I cannot relax and let my thoughts follow naturally or if its a good thing that i can stay concentrated enough to just repeat the mantra. So far I saw a puple light, a brillant yellow flash of light with red dots (very bizarre and scared me) and I am a little calmer after I do it. However I want to make sure that I am meditating correctly so I can advance to the next level at some point in the future.Hoping someone here can offer some assistance.

Edited by - hope on Apr 27 2008 11:16:29 PM

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  12:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hope and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you're doing really well. If you stay with the mantra then that is wonderful. We don't try to let our mind wander so we can come back to the mantra. Just...if the mind does wander away we gently bring it back to our mantra. It is a gentle thing with our mantra, not forcing it, not forcing thoughts away...just a gentle repetition... And we realize that our mantra will change as we go deeper..and we let the changed mantra flow...

I too, feel calmer when I meditate daily.

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000