Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Spinning sensation doing mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hope

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  11:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit hope's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

last night while meditating with the mantra I AM, I got this weird spinning sensation, it seemed like my whole head was spinning inside, and at one point it seemed a little nauseating. A while ago I wanted to get into meditation and i moved the energy from my toes to my head and got this bad spinning sensation when the energy got to the top of my body, its like being really drunk and the room is spinning when you close your eyes. I figured I shouldn't mess with energy like that and then someone recommended this website so I stopped doing that and found this website which started me on the I AM mantra which seems to be working. Last night was the first night that I had the spinning sensation since. Has this happened to anyone before, and why does it happen to me.

Edited by - hope on Apr 29 2008 12:15:04 PM

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  12:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi hope

Nearly all symptoms of this kind are due to purification going on in the nervous system.

This is nothing to worry about at all in fact it means you are doing things right, when you become aware of uncomfortable sensations like this just let your attention rest on them for a few seconds and they should go away.

If dizziness persists after meditation then you may need to cut back on your practices a little go down to say 10 minutes meditation and see if that helps.

You are obviously very enthusiastic about your practices and thats a good thing but remember its important to self pace

Edited by - Richard on Apr 29 2008 12:25:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  1:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had the spinning sensation before, too. Richard gave great advice. :-)
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  10:40:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes I had it a lot when I was doing SRF Hong sau meditation
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000