Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 On creating change in the world...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  1:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Excerpt from an email interchange:
-------------

Q: ...How do I move in the world to help create positive change without fueling the very thing I am trying to help change? I am thinking that there must be a subtle change in the energy with which I act and think about it, but I can't put my finger on it.

A: Stand up for what you believe in, while cultivating inner silence each day. And consider the lives and works of people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King.

Move as stillness moves, not as fear would have you move.

The guru is in you.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  8:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And I would also suggest mother Teresa. She said:

"Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person."

and:

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness.
God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...
We need silence to be able to touch souls."

and:

"It is not the magnitude of our actions but the amount of love that is put into them that matters."

and

"Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls."
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2008 :  10:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I first read this question the quote from Ghandi came to mind: "We must be the change we wish to see in the world."

The questioner seems to sense that the path leading to Stillness entails and effects change. I have found the implosion of peace resulting from repeatedly touching the place of Stillness inside results in an explosion of love that others sense. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that compares to the feeling of serving others from this place of Stillness.

"...[S]tillness is moving beyond the initial stage of witnessing when it joins the dance in earnest. And the dance is called "Service." - Yogani

Serve others from a place of Stillness and you will create positive change. This is an application of Yogani's persistent theme of favoring the practice over the results.

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  01:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:) I just had a convo not too long ago with a friend from work. It basically came down to "world peace starts on the small scale, between me and you".

It's so simple, it's simplicity itself :).

I have a few what I'd call "life changing speeches" haha. "Ego\everything is one" sort of stuff. That stuff is cool, I like talking about it every now and then, some people really dig it. To be honest though, just a smile to a stranger, anything acknowledging "no worries, we're all on the same team, life has it's troubles, I understand"... a compassionate smile says it all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000