Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Shaktipat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  12:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering what people's views were on Shaktipat, since many traditions claim that this is necessary to pass energy from one to the next. Is this just a superstition or real? Originally, I thought superstition, but I'm not sure to tell you the truth. In Sufism they say that it is necessary to take hand to pass this energy from distant masters of lineage to the student. Am I going backward into superstition or am I going forward? I dunno, right now and would like to hear opinions on the matter. Thank you.

Namaste:

VIL

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  1:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey vil :)

i don't think it's suprestition and the secrets of wilder has some parts where john wilder did the tapping on the chest and transfered some energy etc.

and concerning sufism well that's my area of expertise since i live in the middle east and here a teacher is needed that's true but not in all traditions.

cz some require that the student meditates face to face with his teacher and others just require some chit chat and i have a friend who's on a methodology like this he 1st got smthg called al ward to pray it and he told me it works like a mantra and he's gonna have to spend a period of 2 to 3 months till he gets divine inspiration and then ask his teacher for the divine name and so on.

but still it's not necessary to have a teacher still the same, meaning a person can evolve by himself using techniques like the ones in the main lessons on this site cz in the end we all have the same potentials and we just need to discover them and books can be our teachers as well especialy like the ones here they are more than enough guidlines and they discuss each point in detail ;).

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  1:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great post, Ananda; thank you for that:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  1:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,
Having had shaktipat twice and being involved in Reiki before I started in my present practices I cam give you my experiences. Firstly it is not necessary to have had any Reiki attunements or anything at all to pass energy to another.Simply having the intent and knowledge is necessary.By knowledge I don't necessarily mean taught by another.Secondly it is not necessary to go through some ritual to pass on energy, simply using intent is enough. In fact whenever you look at something or think of something or person, you immediately make an energetic connection and energy will flow.
having had shaktipat I can tell you in my own expereinces that it does increase purification and therefore increases ability to pass more energy through the nervous system.But in my experience, meditation will increase this ability to a point where it makes Reiki pale in comparision.IMHO I think that meditation is the single most effective healing tool at our disposal, BUT it's not a quick fix.
Although having shaktipat will boost your spiritual progress(ie increase purification)it is considered counterproductive on the path to enlightenment to give up your energy to others, simply because we need the energy to aid our purification.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  2:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Dave, I appreciate your experience and point of view on the subject:

VIL

Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  3:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vil,

Having experienced Shaktipat not in the presence of a guru, but while meditating - I feel my spiritual life would be less than it is now if it had not been for that experience. That experience transformed my life totally - I am not the same person I was before it. It was the one most significant,powerful, beautiful, terrifying hours of my life. I knew then that the divine was inside me and I was a part of the great whole. I have not felt the same since as a door opened in my nervous system to experience the Divine that night.

I don't know if you need to go to a shakitpat guru in order to experience that awakening - personally I feel all that is needed is a powerful intense desire to experience the Divine that is relentless over a long period of time. I prayed for it most of my conscious life - since a pre teen - and did not recieve that blessing until I was 33.

For me, the process continues as I peel the layers away through meditation and devotion. For me the guru thing did not work - too tricky - it has been my path to find my way on my own with the help of teachers like Yogani, this forum, and the ups and down of life.

I wish you good fortune and descrimination on your path,

Love and light,
Babaly
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2008 :  6:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Babaly:

VIL

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  04:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shaktipat
http://www.aypsite.org/146.html

the guru is in u?
http://www.aypsite.org/57.html

spiritual hook
http://www.aypsite.org/214.html

Edited by - Ananda on Apr 06 2008 05:18:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  09:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the links, Ananda; I'll have to reexamine those:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000