Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sufi Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  10:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had a funny experience today. I went to The Abode of the Message (the first Sufi Order brought to the US) and I haven't been there in a while, but decided to take a drive, since I was hankering for a good trance and sharp object through the skin: LOLOLOL (Kidding). The abode isn't that kind of extremist/radical order:

Anyway, I ended up all over that place at the abode. I was in the wrong meditation hall at the wrong time, then I went to the library, and it was the wrong time there. In the kitchen, during dinner time... when I just wanted to meditate after a long drive.

So I ended up seeing a group and silently joined them in meditation only to find that I didn't know any of the postures or song (I tried though: LOL). So this beautiful old Sufi Instructor looked over at me and whispered in some-one's ear and smiled. I smiled back, as she approached me. She told me that I was in the wrong meditation hall, at the wrong time, again! I said, "I didn't know what you were doing with the song and postures??" And she said, "You wouldn't know, since this session was for initiates only" LOLOL, but she was very very kind and let me finish before letting me know. (Or maybe they decided to have a little fun at my expense?? (kidding) Anyway, so she said, "Let me direct you to the right place", as she put her hand on my shoulder. We talked and she wanted me to stay, but I told her that I would go next week, since I was tired of running to this bldg to the next. So I put my hands on her wool shawl (Sufis wear those) and told her how great she was and left.

Anyway, with my good fortune, I got into my car and ran into this guy that I met earlier on my journey at the Abode, who engaged me with small talk about Buddhism, Hinduism... and he told me that next week Sufi Orders from the East will be there and I will be able to meet these Teachers from various lineages! So, what turned out one way, became even better!

Just wanted to share this experience:

VIL

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  2:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx for sharing Vil.

Hope you will get benefit from that next meeting and suffis are great satsang just bei8ng arround them is inspiring spiritualy and there stories and revelations are just too much.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Vil i understand where you're coming from, i've been through the same thing you've been.

but i got some nice prayers out of the experience and some good advice and perhaps u might of have met with the wrong people u didn't get such a good reaction.

but it worked well for me and i'm still speaking with that suffi friend of mine and his name is sheikh yassine i speak with him on msn.

he's an enlightened person and i must admit these guys can be of help but they have a lot of traditions and points and he's making an exeption for me bcz he said he's being inspired to and this is called tawarod from the divine realm or from god i don't remneber pretty well.

well i don't know if he's honest or not but still he looks like it, he speaks as a liberated person and provides good advice and plus he's living in sweden so he doesn't need to steal my money lolz.

and just the other day he helped me in the easing of my energy and on changing the color in my third eye and crown chakra.

and concerning hermes i've read about him a lot too and was obsessed about him too and if only u were into arabic writings u would find a lot of interesting stuff.

and by the way the true knowledge of hermes trismegistus has been handed out always in a sect here in the middle east that are named "al muwahedeen al duruze" but most of their teaching are secret but u can get a glimpse from here and there and there are some books that are public but others are not.

and there's a book they have and that i wish i could get my hands on it and it's for hermes and i've only read some lignes of it and they were like advaitan poetry.

and that book is named "al shariaa al rouhaniya fy eelem al basit wal kasif"

meaning "the spiritual law of the science of the gross and the light" ethericaly speaking that is.

anyways it's good to look arround and in the end the teacher is in us and me for person i don't follow no specific way i'm getting stuff from here and there and thk god i am that i'm fully aware of it and happy and free even without the samadhi experience cz i know for definite that i am that.

Namaste

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Apr 12 2008 09:21:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  3:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i haven't seen what u edited lolzz :), anyways i'm with u against all that secrecy stuff but still the same you have to respect other peoples tradition and i for person don't agree with a lot of the methodologies arround but to each his path.

and it's funny cz u reminded me about a story that sheikh told me about a person who went to their meatings bu was a christian but still the same practised there way cz he wanted to get enlightened any how.

and a lot of other weird things he told me as well like some angels don't who this profet or that profet is and that all this in these high realms doesn't matter that and that are billions of lifes and galaxys and planets and so on.

which lead me to the conclusion that if we live and let live in peace it's better.

let everyone to his own and let us follow what suits us and in the end we r all one :).

and concidering the story of don't lay your pearls for the swines well i hate to admit it but there are some people who just don't have no respect for anything and even if u give them jewelry they'll stab u in the back and defy the sanctity of what's holy in order of the pursue of there material gains and lusts.

that's the way the world is (fair or unfair it's all good).

krishnamurti says it in a hell of a clear way when he says that god is even in the slut.

god is within us and within all.

the guru is in us and we better not judge in order to not be judged.

Namaste my brother

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  4:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Ananda, do you have the full name or link of the person you are speaking to?

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  6:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll send it to u by email and i'm gonna add u as well you seem like a nice guy.

Namste

:)

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  6:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Ananda - got it:

Btw, I want to let you know that I hold no ill regard toward Sufism or any tradition and that we all follow our own paths. And if this is something that you are interested in then you will make your own decision regarding this.

Namaste:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  9:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i replied to u that it's step higher up for the truth along the way and to each his journey and ayp here is concidered as well a step higher up for the truth and it might be thE step and there might be other steps only god knwos.

God bless

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, what's the attitude toward Sufism in Lebanon these days? I know there's persecution in Pakistan and other places. I'm hoping Lebanon and Turkey remain tolerant...?
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, I have emailed your Sufi friend and decided to delete my posts, since I really can't group an experience and make blanket statements about a tradition without giving it a fair chance.

Namaste:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  11:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda,

I would like to know if sufi path includes left hand tantra and shamanism ?
What is the arabic name for a shaman ?
Does your sufi friend in sweden can put me in contact with an authentic sufi in France ?

Albert

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  04:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Ananda, what's the attitude toward Sufism in Lebanon these days? I know there's persecution in Pakistan and other places. I'm hoping Lebanon and Turkey remain tolerant...?

Hey jim, in lebanon concerning religious freedom and so on it's all good and sufism isn't persecuted as well as headbangers freemasons and all kind of sects and cults and so on.

and that rizes from the fact that lebanon is formed from 18 sects and we all went to war already and learned not to go back i hope .

but in general here in lebanon, there is tolerance but some areas you just shouldn't go into at night :) and plus i don't advise anyone to visit lebanon these days until this summer is over cz there's a big chance a war is gonna break btw hezbullah and israel and maybe sirya.

and concerning turkey well it's better if i don't give my opinion, let us ask a turkish citizen about tolerance over there.

Namaste

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  04:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

Hey Ananda,

I would like to know if sufi path includes left hand tantra and shamanism ?
What is the arabic name for a shaman ?
Does your sufi friend in sweden can put me in contact with an authentic sufi in France ?

Albert

Bonjour Albert

well concerning left hand tantra and shamanism honestly they call these people here wizards or magicians or one who speaks with spirits.

suffism is mostly abou repeating prayers and meditation and al mousarara which is smthg that is a meditation from heart to heart btw the teacher and the student (al murid).

well concerning what's the name for shaman well we don't exactly call them as shamans people who work the way shamans do.

but in genearal they call people like a (sheikh rouhany) meaning a experienced spiritual teacher a master of the art or a sage.

but people here are cought up in a lot of superstitious stuff and most of these guys sheikhs are doing this for money and hustling people.

and concerning my friend well i'm gonna give u his email in private and in ur turn tell him that you got it from me show him my email and introduce urself and ask him it's that simple.

he's modest and a normal guy like all of us exept he's aware of his true nature which i have no doubt some of us here are too.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  1:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Ananda for these clear explanations and providing your friend mail contact.
I'm so sad to discover that sufism also rejects or have a bad perception on shamanism and left hand tantra.
It might not be a good idea for me to contact your friend since i'm involved in shamanism and left hand tantra.

In Shakti, Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 13 2008 2:05:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  2:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go for it and ask whatever you like, you've got nothing to lose suffis are open minded especialy this one plus he has a good heart and plus i didn't give u the suffist view i gave a general one from the point of view of the arabic community.

you can ask him what suffis think about shamanists if u like it's all good and by the way i told him that you might email him.

Namaste and you are most welcomed my brother.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  4:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Ananda, I found your friend to be very kind, unassuming, and generous - and he gave me information to look into on my own. No pressure, assumptions, judgements or anything. He's got a good energy about him, truly. A certain openness that I can't put my finger on. Kind of like the vibe I get from yogani and Katrine, like a breezy/airy something. I dunno. It's difficult to describe.

Thanks again:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  06:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i had that too coming from him, it's like a wave of vibrations that caresses your crown chakra.

glad he turned out to be of help for you.

take care my friend.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  11:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda,

I wrote to your friend and I can confirm what VIL mentioned before: a very pure soul.

Thank you to have helped me put into contact with an authentic sufi which i've been looking for so many years.

As I suspected earlier, he doesn't consider shaman system as a full path to reach the nature of self and i understand why he came to this conclusion.

In Shakti, ALbert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 15 2008 12:29:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  02:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Albert,

And good to hear you've got such a nice answer from him.

And you can mail him whenever you want he's open to answer anyones question.

1st he says it's his duty in front of god to help others and scd he's pleased in helping people and what i like the most about him is that he's really open minded and i've learned some mind blowing stuff from him on msn that helped in my improvement.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  12:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda,

Please note I never said to have received a nice answer from your friend.

An authentic master would never conclude that shamanism or any other system is a destructive path.

P.S. I doubt he knows about quechua shamanism.

In Shakti, Albert

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  11:47:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my friend, the guy just knows i think like most of us who r not too very involved in your system that shamanism abuses drugs like ayahuaska and dealing with lower beings and so on and i with him agree that such a method is destructive to the brain and to the body and lower beings tend to feed on our energy.

but concerning your system i cannot be of judge nor does he cz we don't know that much about it but if you would tell us why he said that shamanism is destructive it would be nice cz we might have another opinion.

and concerning if u think he's authentic or not that's ur choice to be and u r free to express ur choice.

and by the way jesus and a lot of saints and profits even spoke about other methods that are destructive so does that makes them unauthentic masters?

Take care my friend and you wanted a reply from the man you got it and i respect your opinions on the matter at hand and hope u will respect mine and his.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  12:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by beirut
my friend, the guy just knows i think like most of us who r not too very involved in your system that shamanism abuses drugs like ayahuaska and dealing with lower beings and so on and i with him agree that such a method is destructive to the brain and to the body and lower beings tend to feed on our energy.

Hey Ananda,

Please see my position abour entheogens (i.e. ayahuasca) on january 4th, january 6th, january 15th and february 2nd where I was trying to protect Gnosis before assuming that all shamans abuse drugs:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2972

Regarding lower beings, well it is just the most difficult shadow side one has to bring to surface in order to meet our real nature and shamans are gifted to go into these areas at their own risk in order to help others.

quote:
Originally posted by beirut
and concerning if u think he's authentic or not that's ur choice to be and u r free to express ur choice.

My views are that an authentic master will always open his door to everybody whatever the system they follow. Take Marpa who accepted to train Milarepa, the latter killed more than 20 people using black shamanism or black tantra. Milarepa became one of the highest Saint Tibet has ever produced thanks to Marpa who was an authentic master in accepting Milarepa as a student.

Please note that I do not deal with black path but only practice red path and white path.

Namaste, Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Apr 19 2008 1:38:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  2:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i'm gonna check up the other post about the entheogens, but concerning closing the door or opening it.

the fellow didn't close no door for u but he just said that if u continue on this path u won't get enlightened and this is what he thinks and anyways it would be very helpful if u've shown us what he replied to ur email and then we can get a better view on the subject.

and concerning lower beings well everyone can get there and my advice is y even use the help of any being when you are the most god gifted being whom the angels even envy for what god has given to u.

and plus closing a door is when som1 asks to follow another path and he gets rejected and not allowed to enter that path and maybe the path of this person has a certain requirments.

and for a person to be a suffi muslim like that guy he needs to be a suffi muslim and follow their way and not be a shaman or the follower of another tradition and so on and practice different methods from different beleves or religions that might get mixed in a bad way.

but this person also speaks about tolerance and that a lot of roads lead to god but not all of them and that the truth which is experienced in the end is the same truth experienced by everyone from every religion or sect.

and sorry for repeating myself but it would be a big relief if u would tell us y he said that shamanism is destructive.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2008 :  01:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda,

OK, I've re-established contact with your friend & we finally agree on shamanism. In fact, we agree right from the start except labels initially introduced a disagreement.

I can witness here: this man is authentic master due to the amount of kundalini-shakti present in his private mail to me.

May you be infinitely blessed to have provided me such contact, Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Aug 12 2008 02:20:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2008 :  04:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Albert, i'm sorry for the late reply i just saw this email and you are most welcome.

namaste my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000