Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 alternate method for imbalances
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  01:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For me, I had to forget about AYP and such... and just work on my root or lower chakras (below heart). Often certain ailments will come up during imbalances, certain pains or "stuck" energy that becomes obvious once you relax yourself.

You only need to bring your "inner eye" to your root, keep on watching it, till you can feel the energy moving in and out of it. And then... keep doing that till you feel it's in harmony and balanced, and then... just do a little more for "good luck" haha. And then move up to the next chakra, but don't go above the heart. Most people get "out of whack" cuz they haven't taken care of their lower chakras. I focused on the front rather than the back also... or more "inside from the front".

Just a suggestion for you folks who have tried everything, and are still stuck on certain spiritual imbalances and such.

One more thing, I've heard about their being the "receiving" and "giving" end for each chakra. I'm really not sure about the AYP method anymore, as it seems it works only on the "receiving end". I mean, it works on the spinal nerve, where pretty much everything stems from, though... something just doesn't feel right for me anymore with this technique. I think I prefer keeping things natural, working from the ground up, just watching, and keeping an eye on whatever "pains" that come up until my body naturally adjusts. Basically the above technique + keeping my inner eye on any "aches" or "knots" in my body, until they dissolve.

If anyone wants to discuss, feel free :).

I'm also maybe a bit of an exceptional case... I feel I was born sort of "top heavy". Not exactly bad or good... but pretty different from the norm. Spinal breathing can sort of launch me into space... not exactly a bad thing as long as the roots are deep, and there's heart. I'm not against the method, it just isn't for me for the moment.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  02:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
to each his own sailing boat my friend, speaking for myself i find the ayp system to cover up all ends of energy in the body plus deep meditation and practices like samyama are what take charge of every detail in our spiritual transformation and i find them to be more important than pranayamas but ofcourse pranayamas are fine tools to explore all our potentials.

the ayp system is more than just doing pranayamas and working on chakras.

it's pretty much working on your cosmic self, tearing up the veil of the ego which pretty much leads to the realization of my and your i as one. (the all is in the one and the one in all)

plus i've been where you're at and did all the focusing on knots and certain chakras and nadis and been to all that and found the ayp system to cover that point too with practices like targeted brastika and nauli......

namaste my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2008 :  04:49:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, there's one thing I love about ayp, in that, there can't really be any ego involvement when dealing with chakras... but, I feel, if one just forgets all knowledge one has ever been told about chakras, and just watches, and remembers to always start with root before doing any other chakra work, that seems a very effective way for me of moving along spiritually, or at least grounding oneself, when stuck in the higher chakras. For now... lower chakras, maybe I'll bring back spinal breathing and the like later.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000