Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 A streamlined version of Kriya Yoga.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  11:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have seen different discussions of Kriya Yoga again lately. In my view some more traditional schools of Kriya Yoga have become weighted down with too much of what could be called "the authentic and proper techniques." While it is good to keep the practice effective by honoring the techniques that the "original masters" passed on to us, I believe that some of the schools include too many layers of practice for some of us modern yogis who are looking for a streamlined approach to deep meditation and pranayama, like what Yogani offers with AYP. For those who may be interested in researching such a streamlined path of Kriya Yoga I know of one that is offered by an individual who has been inspired to share the approach that has come through his thirty plus years of practice.

Here is the link for information about such a streamlined form of Kriya Yoga and free online Kriya Yoga class.

http://www.thehomefoundation.com/Pranayama.htm

Edited by - Balance on Apr 03 2008 12:17:25 PM

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  12:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Balance, do you know who wrote that poem within the link?

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  1:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VIL.

Yes, Carl Schmidt wrote that poem. Beautiful isn't it?

Pretty much everything at that website is written by Carl.

Here are some of his spiritual songs: http://www.thehomefoundation.com/Music.html
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  1:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is beautiful. Thank you; for the songs also:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Apr 03 2008 1:11:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  3:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mystical Voyager was cool!

Mac
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  5:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Black Rebel Radio

Mystical Voyager was cool!

Mac

Yeah, that's a nice one. It reaches into me.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  7:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

It is beautiful. Thank you; for the songs also:

VIL

I'm glad you enjoyed the songs. If I remember correctly the songs are an earlier creation by Carl from years past before he offered the online Kriya Yoga class.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  8:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm glad you enjoyed the songs. If I remember correctly the songs are an earlier creation by Carl from years past before he offered the online Kriya Yoga class.

Oh... he has a good voice:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000