Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Vijnana-Bhairava Tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  9:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In a previous post I recommended Osho's Book of Secrets, a commentary on the Vijnana-Bhairava Tantra. I used one of the techniques described in this book and it dramatically transformed my day.

I've been sick for a couple of weeks and arrived at work this morning out of sorts mentally. I had an afternoon doctor's appointment for an unrelated matter and was informed they were going to draw blood for testing. I'm not afraid of having blood drawn but the experience is a little uncomfortable for me. Before the drawing I suddenly remembered the 21st technique: "Pierce some part of your nectar-filled form with a pin, and gently enter the piercing and attain to the inner purity."

I decided to completely accept the needle and be absolutely present through the entire process. The needle entering my arm hurt a bit but I was completely indifferent to the pain. The split second between the needle piercing my skin and entering my arm became a world unto itself. It was a quiet explosion of reality.

This reminded me in a way of my meditating on the period in a book, how it grows to become a world I can inhabit.

My take on this differs from Osho's, which you can read here if you're interested.

After I went back to work I soon felt the aching energy in my jaw I've been experiencing lately. My jaw dropped and I formed a large "O", though with my mouth closed. An om dropped from my mouth and splashed bliss-reality up, swallowing me. Time slowed down and for a few exquisitely second-eons I floated, not interesting in going back to work. But of course I did. Now I feel a gentle peace.

aum namaste,
Joe

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  3:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice experience! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks also for a great link! (It could fit into the BDSM topic as well!)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000