Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Energies Sustaining the Physical Body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AustrianYogi

Austria
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  07:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello and Atma Namaste from Vienna, Austria!

Please, who can give clarification concerning the following questions:

1) Prana- Cosmic Energy - Sub-Pranas

As we can read in many books, there are different sub-pranas located in different parts of the body: prana, apana, udana, samana, vyana. Is it correct to say that these are all manifestations of the Divine, the Cosmic Energy?

2) Pranayama and Cosmic Energy

Do we, transported by the air, directly inhale Cosmic Energy or only its derivatives like earth-prana, air-prana, sun-prana?

3) Which are the entry-points of energy into the body?

The Kriya-Yoga-tradition (Paramhamsa Yogananda) states that the medulla oblongata at the base of the scull is the entry point of vital energy - then what about the inhaled prana?

4) Kundalini

The kundalini, at the base of the spine - is it a certain "prana" or a completely different energy operating beside prana?

5) Conscious Control of Prana

In the books there is not said much about it. We do several pranayamas, we do spinal breathing for awakening the kundalini, but what about consciously guiding energy to diseased parts of the body?

On this topic, Swami Sivananda says a bit (The Science of Pranayama), and - thanks to a member of this forum I found a book by Yesudian (Yoga and Health), where we can find some hints in chapter 10, but not as detailed as in Qigong, where is said where to accumulate the energy, which energy and how to lead it to diseased parts.

Thank you very much,

Andreas

Edited by - AustrianYogi on Mar 26 2008 12:56:25 PM

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  10:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello AustrianYogi, nice to meet you.

I can't answer most of your questions but I can give my opinion on a few.

For #4, I think that kundalini is just "a whole lot of prana" (think high voltage).

For #3, I don't really know, but I have felt energy entering through my feet (from the Earth) and in through my crown chakra before. I have also felt energy being just generally absorbed by me through any part of my body. I had an experience once while in sleep paralysis of all my chakras being open and drawing in energy from my surroundings, so maybe any chakra can absorb energy.

Namaste!
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  7:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andreas,

The sequel to Yoga and Health is Sexual Energy and Yoga. It goes into more detail with regards to their method of prana control. Also, their book Self Reliance thru Yoga also gives some valuable information on the topic.

According to Y and H, the olfactory bulb in the roof of the nasal cavity is the inlet valve for prana from the air.

Hope that helps a little more.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

AustrianYogi

Austria
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  07:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, Yb,Yesudian's book is very good, I will go on researching!

Andreas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000