Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 addiction to kechari
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  3:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi dear ones,

since about 2 months I find myself quite frequently
in kechari mode - I think it's stage 1 or 1.5 -
my tongue is either flat on the roof or curled back a bit
(usially curled back).
The thing is: I am concerned that I am pressing too strong
towards the roof, but it is kind of unconsciously done.
I quite often have the kind of feeling you get when you
have sipped a very hot liquid and burnt your tongue.

Now I am also wondering: am I getting addicted to kechari
or is there such a thing called "addiction to kechari" ?
What points would you recommend watching out for ?

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  10:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wolfgang,

Not sure about the burned tongue feeling. But I too find that my tongue is curled back much of the time. It just seems natural and pleasant. If you begin to feel a little energy overload then you may want to experiment and cut back on it when you find yourself doing kechari.

Best of luck!
Paul
Go to Top of Page

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  12:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi wolfgang,

I know what your talking about with the burnt tongue sensation... For me this has only happened when pressing the tongue against the soft palate i.e. kechari 1-1.5... When I practice like this when I remove the tongue from the position you can feel either a very strong cold current or a hot icy one that seems to zip through the length of the tongue like a small current of electricity.. It's not unpleasant at all just one of those things we encounter.. Oddly enough though that particular sensation only occurs to me if I practice stage 1 kechari... in stage 2-4 I've never had the same experience..
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  03:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your feedback, it helps

regards
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000