Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 can kechari mudra be done mentally?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  12:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am wondering if maybe the effects of the kechari mudra can be produced without physically putting your tongue into the nasal passages.

Just to be clear, I am not able to do kechari mudra at present due to the physical limitations of my tongue.

However, I do know a meditation that may produce similar results. It involves putting the tip of the tongue right behind the two front teeth and feeling with your mind your two front teeth and their roots, and/or the canine teeth and their roots. It stimulates a strong flow of energy up the nostrils to the third eye. The meditation is also improved if you feel the space between your eyebrows.

I've experimented with doing this meditation then also imagining what it would feel like to slide my tongue up into the nasal passages. What happens is that another area in the nasal area is stimulated/activated and the energy flow increases in intensity; it is quite pleasurable.

As I haven't done physical kechari before I don't know if the results are the same, but this is an interesting meditation. Maybe some people experienced in kechari, who have ecstatic conductivity happening around it, could try this mind yoga meditation and see if the results are similar.

Namaste

Edited by - stillness on Mar 25 2008 12:34:23 PM

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  2:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Stillness,

I am used to have the tounge behind the front teeth during qi gong and ki-aikido training, and most often during the days my tounge rests naturally at that place. It closes the circuit between the back and front lines we have (and makes us physically stronger - it's a great difference lifting weights with and without holding the tounge there).

I do feel a considerably different feeling when doing kechari. Just to move the tounge to where the soft and hard palate meets makes a great difference! The energy flows are much stronger and it's easier to go much deeper into stillness. I don't get the effect of getting stronger either, as in the former case. It seems to be a much more "inward" thing than outward.
Go to Top of Page

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  2:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

The meditation I described above seems to go beyond closing the channels. For me it stimulates the third eye a lot, I can feel the energy light up in my nasal passages all the way up to my third eye. It feels very similar to sambhavi in the way it stimulates the third eye, though I guess not as intense and it doesn't affect the top of the forehead area as much as sambhavi does for me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000