AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 light only?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  5:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everyone, hope everything's going well.

i just wanted to c if anyone here experienced smthg similar to the same thing i went through 2 days ago.

which is a case of only seeing light and only light inside my self and everywhere in a very sealed room that's really dark.

while doing the meditation of the mantra I AM and focusing on the 3rd eye chakra (ajna)?

sorry 4 the bad english.

namaste.

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  10:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beirut,

I haven't experienced what you're going through but it sounds wonderful! I just come upon a couple of Internet resources which discuss light in the context of meditation. Maybe they'll help you.

The first is in a biography of Saint Ramalingam:

"...his body became transformed and filled with Light so much so it did not cast its shadow on the ground. He eventually attained a transformed and divinized golden physical body, deathless and ever indestructible, shadow less and sleepless, and full of Light."

The second is a magical post to the AYP forum by nandhi:

"all light beings as in the human realms too have had an eternal desire. the intense desire while with human breath.

the desire that is in the symbolic forms as worship, the puja done, for the divine of wisdom's ancient india- when the bell is rung and the fire is shown before the deity.

this sacred fire is the inner light we see above at the third eye towards the right eye- its where the sacred symbol of swastika originated- the dance of the absolute, siva (call allah and jehovah too- the more names the merrier). nataraja, the cosmic dancer. the essence of being the universe of universes, space."

Heck, now that you've had that experience, maybe you can explain nandhi's post for me! It's beautiful, and I can sense Truth, but I'm just not there (yet).

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  06:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes but I miss something : "light only" you say : didnt you had an incredible peacefull feeling? When I had this experience,( came out of nowhere) I knew this was the best . How to discribe ? Bliss ...., the end ! I was about 30 years old when this happened, dad a beautifull girlfriend but then happened this. If there is a heaven, this muss be it.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  08:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello brushjw and thk u for ur post, but to be honest with you the experience was as it is new to me and i don't know if it fits the description given above.

thk u too thimos 4 ur post and maybe what i've written above was a short resume.

anyways to speak in detail what happened this is it:

while i was meditating i felt like smthg pulled me up from the inside to the inside it was smthg weird i can't exactly describe it and what happened then was that i only saw light everywhere and concerning the feeling it was bliss but bliss in a more intense way.

and when i pulled back from that state i saw lights everywhere in my room where it was dark mixed with lights it was smthg really amazing and it lasted for like 5 seconds then everything came back to normal.

then i started thinking wow Ananda whats happening with u it was smthg really mind blowing.

so i said to myself, i'm gonna meditate again perhaps i can attain that vision again and i stayed meditating for like 17 minutes and was only seeing a black screen until i was going to give up then suddenly i got pulled again to that same place or vision i don't know what it is.

but the scd time it lasted for like half a minute and that was it.

thk u for ur posts my friends much appreciate it.

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  08:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thimus* oops sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Nirodha

New Zealand
86 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  09:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nirodha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

You were just entering Samadhi (meditative absorption) and the light you saw was a sign (Nimitta) of that. Well done! I've had this sort of thing happen to me many times as well.

As I'm sure you noticed the second time around, these things only arise when you detach from them as opposed to chasing after them.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  2:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
god bless u Nirodha, and thk u for ur post and it's true i've noticed that with all siddhis and paranormal activities that they do arise when a person doesn't chase after them.

best wishes

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  9:40:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Each and every thing is known by that which is in act, and therefore the very actuality of a thing is like a light within it (quasi lumen, or, quoddam lumen ipsius). So all creatures are shining, lit up (lucentia) but not the light itself (ipsa lux) which is only God as the pure act of existing itself."

Thomas Aquinas, Expositio in Librum de Causis

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  4:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey Joe sorry for the late reply and thk u for the nice link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000