Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Impermanence of form is evident
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  6:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Persistence of form is a macro-level illusion of the physical world. Impermanence of form is evident in physics, which has revealed matter to consist of constantly fluctuating patterns of subatomic energy. Every object of the senses is a momentary configuration of energy which, like the proverbial snowflake, vanishes and never reappears, being replaced in the next present moment by a new configuration that presents to the senses the macro-level illusion of being identical to the previous configuration. The pure, silent consciousness called satchitananda is the eternal witness of the parade of impermanent energy-configurations that make up the macro-level illusion of persistence of form. The contemplation of this truth gives rise to vairagya and jnana and bliss.

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  04:14:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's no illusion, just consciousness, unfolding, gradually becoming more aware of itself. How can it be wrong if it is it? haha

Don't mind me... I enjoy keeping beliefs in balance... I'm wrong, you're wrong, but it's all good :) haha.

... you're not you're mind. It's just a thought... haha, don't get too attached to the thought. haha, I could go on for days like this. Oh man, I used to read A LOT about spirituality, I think I enjoy pointing out that "it matters not" a bit too much. It matters not because it matters though :). haha ****, I just did it again.

Please don't think I'm laughing at you. I'm just enjoying my self :-D.

I'm curious though, what's contemplation mean to you?
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

Persistence of form is a macro-level illusion of the physical world. Impermanence of form is evident in physics, which has revealed matter to consist of constantly fluctuating patterns of subatomic energy. Every object of the senses is a momentary configuration of energy which, like the proverbial snowflake, vanishes and never reappears, being replaced in the next present moment by a new configuration that presents to the senses the macro-level illusion of being identical to the previous configuration. The pure, silent consciousness called satchitananda is the eternal witness of the parade of impermanent energy-configurations that make up the macro-level illusion of persistence of form. The contemplation of this truth gives rise to vairagya and jnana and bliss.

Hi Suryakant, if your use of the word "energy" is replaced with "thought" and operating out of the silent witness see everything as separate thoughts disconnected from every other with the silent gap between, then this links nicely to Shanti's thread http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=1

Funny I was walking about this morning and playing with exactly the experience you describe. As I walked about it felt like an energy resonance through my whole body as I rested in the silence between the thoughts.
My perception of the energy feeling was one of purification, as I tuned into this awareness, the disolving of the gaps between the thoughts had this corresponding purification effect in my body.

In physics terms I can understand the use of "energy", in experiental terms, "thoughts" seem more relevant. Of course its probably just different perspectives and how each of us see things form different angles but arriving at the same place

Edited by - Sparkle on Mar 14 2008 10:39:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  12:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

There's no illusion, just consciousness, unfolding, gradually becoming more aware of itself. How can it be wrong if it is it? haha

Don't mind me... I enjoy keeping beliefs in balance... I'm wrong, you're wrong, but it's all good :) haha.

... you're not you're mind. It's just a thought... haha, don't get too attached to the thought. haha, I could go on for days like this. Oh man, I used to read A LOT about spirituality, I think I enjoy pointing out that "it matters not" a bit too much. It matters not because it matters though :). haha ****, I just did it again.

Please don't think I'm laughing at you. I'm just enjoying my self :-D.

I'm curious though, what's contemplation mean to you?

In the context in which I used the word in this topic, contemplation means to think about something without thinking about it.

Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  12:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

Hi Suryakant, if your use of the word "energy" is replaced with "thought" and operating out of the silent witness see everything as separate thoughts disconnected from every other with the silent gap between, then this links nicely to Shanti's thread http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=1

Funny I was walking about this morning and playing with exactly the experience you describe. As I walked about it felt like an energy resonance through my whole body as I rested in the silence between the thoughts.
My perception of the energy feeling was one of purification, as I tuned into this awareness, the disolving of the gaps between the thoughts had this corresponding purification effect in my body.

In physics terms I can understand the use of "energy", in experiental terms, "thoughts" seem more relevant. Of course its probably just different perspectives and how each of us see things form different angles but arriving at the same place

Yes, Shanti's post ("Something to try") harmonizes seamlessly with the perspective promulgated here - thank you for pointing that out, Sparkle.

Personally, I find the term "energy" to be as experientally relevant to me as the term "thought" - the two are, to me, one and the same.

My experience is one of witnessing every object of consciousness - be it a thought or a tree bending in the wind on a distant hillside or a constellation in the night sky - as a transient configuration of energy that appears within the field of consciousness for a moment of zero duration and then vanishes forever, never to return ... and each successive configuration of energy is different from every preceding configuration.

Although energy's manifested configurations are ever-changing and perpetually fluid, energy as a thing-in-itself is a static unchanging eternal fact, as is the playground of consciousness upon which energy's divine leela unfolds.

The truth of the existence of energy's divine leela is known by consciousness - and consciousness by self-reflection knows the static unchanging eternal fact of energy to be the field of dreams that is none other than the static unchanging eternal fact of consciousness itself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000