AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Squatting Bandha
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  02:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to ask you folks about a procedure that I have been doing. I discovered that doing cycles of alternate nostril breathing, as well as repetitions of deep breathing, in a squating position, and then standing up, with kumbhaka, causes a roaring sound in both ears that can be very loud and very pleasant, and this is associated with the golden ring and bindu dot visual effect (that happens with yoni mudra also). And this gets stronger after two or three repetitions

I thought maybe that squatting could be functioning as a bandha restricting the flow of prana and blood from the legs and then standing up suddenly, allows that to rush back on up into the system.

Any feedback on this from anyone? Would anybody else give this a try and report back? Thanks.

Edited by - x.j. on Mar 15 2008 01:04:50 AM

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2008 :  3:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe increased blood pressure is causing greater perceptivity to sound waves traveling on this pranic energy and is firing the phosphene or entopic phenomenon?

I dunno.

Take care:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  03:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
give it a try vil and report back
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  10:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, John, maybe it would be like you asking me to draw a tree that would come out like a child's drawing when your depiction is something akin to Michael Angelo. Who knows? I can't say either way.

That's my current perception, learning to step away and find healthy balance. Honoring my own inner truth, but realizing the beauty of this same thing within others.

Just allowing things to unfold naturally, it makes me feel good.

Take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Mar 11 2008 11:01:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  11:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey John,

People can pass out from standing up too quickly due to their blood pressure dropping from the body not yet being used to being upright. It's interesting that you get increased nadi flow during that time. Could it be from the body readjusting, and perhaps overcompensating by raising the blood pressure a great deal, temporarily?

And I'm sure you know not to lock your knees when you are standing up, especially after that, because you can pass out.
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  7:35:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

People can pass out from standing up too quickly due to their blood pressure dropping from the body not yet being used to being upright. It's interesting that you get increased nadi flow during that time. Could it be from the body readjusting, and perhaps overcompensating by raising the blood pressure a great deal, temporarily?

Hi Vil: You can do this! (We are the same.)
Hi Scott: There is a little lightheadedness with this procedure, so do it facing a wall, with your hands on the wall. If you get lightheaded, maintain awareness steadily on your hands as a reference point. Keep eyes closed. This lightheadedness passes after a moment. Anyway, you might give it a try just to see what happens.I need you guys to try these things and report back. Please try 'em.

Here's another one I'd like you to try and report back on: When the sun comes out(not often enough this time of year where I live to the north), stand facing the sun with your eyes closed, resting next to a wall or fence for balance, and try spinal breathing with gazing at the third eye center(eyes closed), and see if you don't get the gold ring and dot perception,... as well as prana circulating up from the legs all the way to the third eye and back down again(typical spinal breathing). It is a more "whole body" prana flow whilst standing than when sitting. And the real sun light filtering through your closed eye lids is a very powerful stimulus to the gold ring lighting up. it's like we can absorb prana directly through our eyelids). "We are the Sun" and "As above, so below..."

Edited by - x.j. on Mar 11 2008 9:59:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  11:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2008 :  12:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, John, this is a really cool article, since it's scientifically proven that we infer are world around us based on assumption and not reality, so I believe that it's possible to see the sun from within.

Anyway, this article explains perception phenomenon:

quote:
...This light source has been the Sun throughout our evolution, so there are effects where we find that the brain automatically makes the assuption that the light source is coming from above. For instance, if we look at pictures of craters on the moon, we see them as either craters or mounds depending on which way up we hold the picture. The confusion arises due to the fact that the pattern of shadow on a crater being lit from above is the same as mounds being lit from below. Since the brain assumes light is coming from above, we see mounds lit from below as craters lit from above, and craters lit from below as mounds lit from above.

...One final method of seeing a 3D world is that of "optic flow". This method, formulated by James Gibson, says that movements in the world provide "optic flow patterns", which the brain reads to give us a perception of three dimensions. If we move around, we see the objects of the world moving across our visual field relative to each other. If we move side to side, perpendicular to our field of view, we see that the more distant an object is, the slower it moves across our visual field. If we move forwards or backwards, parallel to our field of view, we see that objects nearer to use move faster across our visual field. Gibson's proposition that we use these optic flow patterns to perceive the 3D world has had much supporting evidence. Work by David Lee, using his "swinging room", has shown that optic flow patterns affect our balance.

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1524259

quote:
Hi Vil: You can do this! (We are the same.)

I don't posess that ability and my dream phenomenon came naturally or it was something that I was doing subconsciously since I was a kid.

So I don't actually bring the dream world into this reality, but it creates my reality, since so many dreams have come true and I've learned how to discriminate between ones that have meaning or will occur within the future and those that are from the past or present created by thought, like that.

Anyway, take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Mar 12 2008 01:54:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  1:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess this is as good a place as any, to write the following to you guys. Sometimes I wonder if any of you are seeing the same things I'm seeing and would appreciate knowing if anyone might "chime in" as they say on the forums here.

At the time of awakening from sleep, there is a black circle, but this often is seen three dimensionally, at which time it is clearly a tunnel with dark sky at the circular "window" at the end of it, with many twinkling points of light in that "sky." This was especially vivid this morning when I awoke, and was a wider across tunnel in diameter today than usual. At other times of the day this is visible when one closes the eyes, as a smaller black dot. Yoni mudra kumbhaka in a darkened room expands it out into a wider diameter opening as well. I went on a juice fast from Thursday after the evening meal until last night, for 24 hours, and this really enhanced the clarity of the vision and diameter of the tunnel to perception this morning when I awoke. This is always the same, reproduces exactly all the time, so I doubt this is some imaginary occurence. This is real, and undoubtedly a universal perception for human beings, though the clouds may obscure the view as they say.

So my question for you folks is this: Do you experience this too, to some extent or not? All the posts on these forums are concerned more with the nuts and bolts issues of AYP practices, and the prana flow and so on, but what about the clarity of Ajna perceptions like I am describing. Do any of you see this too? I'd like to know if you are fellow collaborators or if you instead are, "in some other reality" than me. That's all.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  1:52:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John:

You may find these two lessons to be of interest:
http://www.aypsite.org/92.html
http://www.aypsite.org/179.html

Variations of the tunnel (concentric circles) experience are pretty common among practitioners, with star, stars, or light at the end (or in the center). It is an "effect" of practices -- purification and opening yielding a clearer view of our inner dimensions. In time, it is all seen to be stillness in action, inside and outside.

Then geography becomes holography, where one thing (pure awareness -- our Self) is realized to be the projected reality in all things. Non-duality and duality rolled into One.

All the "looking" in the world will not bring about this realization. Only effective structured practices will. That's why we favor our practices over the lovely scenery encountered along the way.

Look, enjoy, and move on.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: By the way, seeing the inner tunnel and light is not a prerequisite for ongoing spiritual progress, or for enlightenment. Many do just fine without it. Therefore, making this particular (or any) experience a goal of practice will not necessarily be a long term aid on the path. The success of the vision will be found in our moving beyond it. That's what practices are for.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  4:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John
I've never been particularly bothered with third eye visions but when I started yoni mudra kumbhaka it started happening.
The last clear one I saw was a week or so ago during the early morning, still in darkness.
I had been seeing colours and shapes, petals and things almost everyday but this time I decided to treat what I saw like a tunnel, even though it wasn't clear that it was a tunnel.
I projected my sight into and beyond the centre and it started opening up to all sorts of things, different colours and hues and shapes. It finally ended up as a hugh pattern of white gold dots, far too many to count, and at the centre was a hole of pure black. I tried to go further but couldn't. The clarity was beautiful.

Nothing much has happened since, which doesn't particularly bother me because it doesn't feel as if it has any relation to my "awareness", although I could be wrong about this, it definetly has the feel of just scenery.
Does it feel different than scenery to you?
Cheers
Louis
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  4:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,
It may be what you at AYP call scenery, but what isn't from that perspective. The star gate that we will travel through for the last time at death? I suppose from some limited perspective that is "scenery." The star gate into the astral realm if we choose to travel there in this limited lifetime? I suppose it would be called scenery. Calling something scenery is a mechanism to avoid attachment or seeking to that experience, and I understand that well. But let's suppose that we can observe the star gate of Ajna from a standpoint of equinimity. One can ask "what is this?" One can ask "If this is what it is to be a human being, what does that mean about our place in the scheme of things?" One can ask "Hey, can I travel into that space, one step at a time, and explore that new reality that is dawning on me, like the first small step for a human being as an evolved being?" It is called scenery in the AYP teachings, but Sushumna is scenery, and where we are "traveling to" is...scenery(?.)
I am just an explorer that's all. That's what I do. I want that new world, not for pleasure, ..but for knowledge as a Jnana yogi Louis.
regards, and thanks for your response. At least it means there are others here like us who have come this far together and alone.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  5:47:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
John it's lovely to hear about your explorations! I often come to a dark place with lots of stars. When sungazing as you mention here I have had experiences of both downloading an enormous amount of information through the ajna, and a few times, I have "become" the sun itself, as I once described here, a topic about sun gazing.

Thank you, Yogani for that PS in your latest post here. I have started to really understand that it is impossible to measure progress by experiences or gifts like siddhis etc! It's beautiful to hear about different experiences and more beautiful to have them for ourselves... But lately... I have started to see this journey as knitting a sweater - some may have knitted and knitted for many years and have great skills and almost a finished sweater, but with a few crucial stitches dropped and thus no further progress occurs. Others have lots of dropped stitches but some brilliant parts, some have only knitted for a short while and progress with high speed, but perhaps they are knitting a smaller sweater, thus not having the same "job" to be done...?

It is impossible to know what the sweater looks like for ourselves or any other - what we have left, what is our model, what method do we use? So... comparison is futile. (I don't say you are comparing, John, I just know reports on experiences may give birth to many thoughts of that type.)

The scenery thing is funny... now we use "scenery" as something not to get attached to, as if it is insignificant... and then... when we wake up... we will only have that scenery left to enjoy and love - there will be nothing else. Nothing... and some scenery, movements of stillness... Right now scenery may be disturbing our progress... later... we will love it immensly and cherish every bit of it, and hold it sacred! Don't pooh pooh the scenery. It's all we've got! So yes, John, the way I see it is as you put it: "and where we are "traveling to" is...scenery(?.)"
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  11:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

It should also be added that the real frontier of spiritual progress is found in our daily activities. Are we more at peace, more creative, more joyous, more inclined to help others?

Whiz-bang internal experiences pale in comparison to the improvements in quality of ordinary life that can be cultivated through daily practices.

Extraordinary ordinariness! Why settle for less?

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  01:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

I appreciate your postings and the sharings contained within. As you feel so inspired, please continue to do so. Do not take the lack of overt forum responses as the final indication of their touching others ... sometimes we are not aware of when, how and whom they benefit. The best is to just give freely from the heart without expectation. I say that not as one who has accomplished that in any high degree or who gives as freely as yourself but simply as one who is coming to know more of the trappings of my own ego and expectations.

Thanks much for sticking around and being part of the sharings. I am glad you are here.

Love and Light,
Steve

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000