Enlightenment Milestones
 Yesterday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  12:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday I woke up to the sun streaming through the window - a wondrous event this time of year. I saw that I was two hours late for work. I felt good, nevertheless, something I haven't experienced in quite a while. As I prepared for work I realized that I was having trouble just enjoying the moment and the feeling (I don't deserve to be happy).

It was quite busy at work. Many months ago I learned that, as I get busier, if I slow down, both physically and mentally, I actually get more work done. I don't panic and waste energy, I make fewer mistakes and the work seems to melt away. As the pressures mounted I concentrated on my breath, straightened my posture and went within. I placed my left hand to the side, cupping an imaginary egg-shaped softball-sized orb of energy. The energy brought me peace and protection. Then a field of energy showered down over me, enveloping me in a shimmering translucent waterfall of peace. Chills went up and down my spin and I heard a beautiful ringing in my ears. The experience was wonderful.

That night I listened to The Divine Sound" by Omdasji. The mantra was the perfect accompaniment to the sound in my head. It reinforced the melody, complimented it, and became a divine symphony in concert with my breathing, prana, heartbeat and pulse of being. I again noticed that I was holding back. I found I could increase the energy and deepen my meditative absorption by concentrating on the music and the Sound of Silence and relaxing the muscles in my face. I would get to a certain level and then my mind would take off, over and over again. The SoS was as loud as it has ever been and for a quite protracted period of time. I felt close to something important.

More experienced meditators than I have reported needing less sleep. I seem to need more than I have in the past. I wonder if this is part of the purification, or perhaps a result of all the energy coursing through my body.

aum namaste
Joe

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  05:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,
Nice experiences.If you are feeling comfortable with the Divine Sound may I suggest that you listen to it as loud as is comfortable for maximum effect. As Omdasji is my guru I also connect to him when listening to 'borrow' his energy for greater effect.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  9:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,

Thanks for the tip. Wow, that was powerful! Please send Omdasji my heartfelt thanks if the occasion arises.

The amount of energy created was again greater than my ability to assimilate. I listened to the album three times and just could not relax enough to reach the next stage of meditative absorption.

I just read this in Lesson 99:
quote:
This business of "directing energy" wherever can be a two-edged sword. It can bring some ecstasy, or it can fry us inside... It is questionable if it should be done at all outside the structure of practices, though we all are curious to see what we can do inside.

I'm not just curious, it really seems like the next step in my practice. Aah, bhakti.

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  6:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few days ago I started reading a book on chakras and found a reference to the "palm chakra". I've never heard of this before so I did some research on the Internet. I found here that the palm of the dominant hand is known as the 10th chakra. It is associated with the color white and functions as protection. How incredible that I experienced this for myself.

I used to scoff at New Age beliefs but I can't deny the reality of my experiences. They would be terrifying if they weren't so obviously benign (Good in the original sense of the word) and coming from a place of Love. Blessed be.

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  06:32:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,
I will pass your thanks on to Guruji through my teacher who is in daily contact with him.
Although I would not advise a newcomer to the Divine Sound to do as I do, I use it while I sleep and set it for constant play.I have probably listened to it more than anyone else in the world and it still affects me everytime.I actually sleep less now but I would say you are experiencing purification requiring you to sleep more, this will probably change as you move on.
There are chakras also in every joint of the body on a smaller scale.The palm chakra is also associated with Tai Chi as the energy flows out of the palm.Many 'healers' believe that the palm is required to transfer the energy for healing but this is not the case.Simply using intent will also transfer the energy as will focussing on an object or person.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  06:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hm, do you think this palm chakra is relevant to or about the same thing as what I described

here?
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  6:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC,
I asked my teacher about your experiences and she told me. Yes, these mudras are kriyas designed to open the chakras and aid purification.Others are affected in the same way that group meditation increases the energy for others as the one who has more energy will enhance the other meditators meditation.Hope this helps.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  6:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dave! Much appreciated!

And thanks Joe for the link! It says 10th palm chakra on dominant hand is for Protection, and that is similar to sadhaks info on the Abhay mudra - absense of fear - commonly used as a blessing!

It all starts to fit together nicely! Thank you very much for the great info!
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  12:05:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL emc, I can practically feel your relief! It's great when big pieces of the puzzle come together, isn't it? Over and over I have to be reassured that I'm not crazy and, oh, by the way this (whatever the current this is) is a good thing.

Something that may be important is the fact that my left hand is not my dominant hand. However, about nine months ago I practicing the nineteenth technique in the Vigyan Bhairav Tantra based on Osho's "Book of Secrets" commentary. The technique: "Without support for feet or hands sit only with the buttocks. Suddenly, the centering." (p.179). Osho suggested that you first spend ten minutes a day concentrating on one hand. Because the hand is much more sensitive than the buttocks this is a good way to train yourself to become attuned to your body.

For three weeks I had my computer scheduling program display a popup reminder every half hour. When the box appeared on my screen I would stop what I was doing, straighten my posture and concentrate on my breathing. Within one or two breaths I would evoke the SoS and feel movement in my head. Then I would concentrate on my left hand.

At first it was difficult because the SoS and the sensations in my head were so much stronger than any perception or sensation in my hand. Gradually I began to feel an aliveness in my hand and the skin tingling. Then I could actually feel the blood flowing through my hand. One day my hand felt like a skeleton; waving it was like flapping a rack of bones. At the end of the three weeks my hand had become so sensitive that I couldn't - and still can't - bear to put my right hand over my left. Too much stimulation.

Attention = energy. Something else I've proven for myself. Wow.

One final thing I'd like to mention is that when I reviewed this thread last night before making my post, I realized I had forgotten about the field of energy showering over me. How is it possible to forget such a powerful, unusual experience? I think that some of my experiences are so counter to "normal" reality that my brain actually rejects them, or filters them out. That's one reason it's important to share my experiences on this forum (hint to lurkers )

aum namaste,
Joe

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  05:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,
When I started working with Reiki I spent 2 years daily 'playing' with the energy,sending healing, self healing.I found this a good way to stimulate sensitivity and learnt many things also from this.
I don't think that your brain is rejecting or filtering your experiences, simply taking for granted as normal.It becomes 'no big deal' to you.I learned things by playing with the energy that others still haven't learned after many years simply because I was open to other possibilities and believed there was more to life than the maya we live in.I now take these things for granted and don't even realise that I have knowledge that others may find useful.Like I said it isn't any big deal and is available to all if they look for it.If one studies a system such as Reiki(or others)and is keeping true to their teachings, then they will be restricted in their knowledge and may miss out on some other jewels. For instance I always tell Reiki people I meet that by meditating they will increase their channeling abilities and so make their work more effective, then I leave it up to them to choose to believe or not.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000