Enlightenment Milestones
 The Here and Now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogaPat

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaPat's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Lately I have been popping into awareness mode (no thoughts). I'll be looking around and my mind has no comment on the objects I see and hear- they are just there. This usually lasts for only three or four minutes at a time but its so cool! Its amazing how freeing it is to just be in the here and now with no chattering from the mind. I guess all the practise is worth it after all.

cause; two sessions per day / effect; present moment awareness

Just thought I'd bore you with my experience, Patrick

Edited by - YogaPat on Feb 26 2008 11:20:19 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  02:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Freedom is never boring, Patrick
Great that you are expanding!

Thanks for sharing - practise and continue enjoying.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  07:41:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once in a while that happens to me too, but usually I have to initiate it consciously. just to show you how tenacious my mind is, sometimes it decides to create fear in such situations.
It thinks like "Well, if you don't need thoughts, then what does all this mean?" It tries to make the weird connection that if the world has no meaning, then I have no purpose. And it starts going into this fear mode which is straight down. I have to put my mind on God to get out of it. Crazy brain.
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  09:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish,

a nice comment from Adyashanti:

Egos freak out when they feel like they don't have purpose, they just go bananas. So they make one up, unless they can't make one up in which case they get suicidally depressed, all because they don't feel like they have a purpose.

:) enjoy.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  10:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Once in a while that happens to me too, but usually I have to initiate it consciously. just to show you how tenacious my mind is, sometimes it decides to create fear in such situations.
It thinks like "Well, if you don't need thoughts, then what does all this mean?" It tries to make the weird connection that if the world has no meaning, then I have no purpose. And it starts going into this fear mode which is straight down. I have to put my mind on God to get out of it. Crazy brain.

Hi Ether,

Fear is not the "bogeyman" we tend to make it out to be. It is there in service, as our most dependable guardian, watching 24/7 to make sure all is well for us. Fear just wants to be heard, acknowledging the message prevents it from having to get louder and more intense.

I thank my fear for whatever it is telling me, (even when it is misdirected or confused) and continue on. It usually just wants to warn me about what I don't want to have happen, this is a great gift, because it makes it clear what I do want. Fear doesn't exist in reality (the here and now), it is comprised of thoughts about the future or the past. When these thoughts are looked at and realized to not be absolutes as either truth or negativity then they let go.

A
Go to Top of Page

YogaPat

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  11:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaPat's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish & All

quote:

The whole process of opening creates fear for me but my fear of not getting to the bottom of things is much greater.

With regard forcing yourself to be in the moment, I think it is a natural side effect from practice and not a practice in itself- we'll see?

P

Edited by - YogaPat on Feb 27 2008 11:46:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  9:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't need any reminder of where I don't want to go; the fear is the suicidal- depressed kind you speak of. I would never go there now- it's just a reminder from the distant past. I prefer to shut it off quickly.

Yes being in the moment is a side effect of practice, but I also practice forcing it sometimes. It is very mood-elevating. The other reason is I'm heavily self pacing lately and lack some of my usual peace.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000