AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 concentration during pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  9:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
question...now that i'm doing ujai (bad spelling!)breathing during pranayama and tracing the spinal nerve, i tried the next enhancement which was to focus on the place between the brow...... how can anyone concentrate on both tracing the spine and the brow at the same time! i'm having trouble...any feedback? thanks so much!

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  07:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, clk1710

Have you checked out this lesson? It's a great help when you start with the sambhavi mudra, concerning how to practice the "double attention"!

http://www.aypsite.org/131.html

also check this out if you haven't

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2142

Good luck!
/emc
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  12:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
our concetration can only be in one place at a time, but yet we can perform numerous things at once. As you type you think of only the words you want and your fingers react. now someone feel free to correct me or point out errors, when tracing the nerve you may lift your brow, so now the focus is on lifting the brow and not on tracing the nerve, tracing the nerve is kind of on auto pilot while you focus on the brow. so then tell yourself to focus on the brow, bring the attention there and lift the brow, then let that be on auto pilot and go back to the nerve. It seems the main focus is to always be on tracing the nerve while the rest of the practice, ujayi, brow, etc.. is on autopilot. When the auto pilot shuts down put those things back on auto pilot and return to the tracing.
hopefully that is helpful
seeker
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  2:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi clk

The link EMC has given you to lesson 131 says it all really. You don't actually put your attention on your eyes its a physical thing.

Sambhavi Mudra the slight furrowing of the brow and turning the eyes upward and inward is actually one Mudra and becomes automatic after a while, your attention should always be on tracing the spinal nerve up and down the spine.

Try adding things slowly start with the slight brow furrowing and when that becomes automatic add turning the eyes upward and inward its bound to be a bit clunky at first but it will all come together I promise
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000