Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 when we get studk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  4:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
when we get studk during the day and get tense, teh breathing shallows and feels forced. what would be a good way to open up when you dont have much time or personal space to do it when you are at work? would this spinal breathing be a good exercise or would it possible purify too much?

thanks
seeker

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  09:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tubeseeker welcome to the forum

quote:
when we get studk during the day and get tense, teh breathing shallows and feels forced. what would be a good way to open up when you dont have much time or personal space to do it when you are at work? would this spinal breathing be a good exercise or would it possible purify too much?

Yes, spinal breathing all day will result in overload. So, you are right.. don't do that, keep that for the 5-10 min twice a day during your practice time.
The thing you could try would be to consciously do yogic breathing and relax yourself. I know you cant really do much at work with people watching but a few full slow deep breaths can really help in these circumstances and nobody should notice.

Another thing you could do is go to the rest room and try some alternate nostril breathing this can have a very calming effect.

Here is Yogani's description from the "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" book

quote:
Alternate Nostril Breathing
A well-known technique that is used for general
relaxation and in many systems of yoga is alternate
nostril breathing. It consists of closing one nostril
with the thumb and breathing slowly out and in, and
then switching to close the other nostril with one of
the other fingers and breathing out and in again, and
so on, alternating back and forth between nostrils.

I hope this has been of help to you.

Edited by - Richard on Mar 04 2008 09:41:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  12:02:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your reply Mr. Richard. I will keep that in mind or breath I should say ;)
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  2:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to be of some help tubeseeker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000