Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 during spinal breath
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  12:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
do we want our bodies to fully expand with the breath? what I mean, is when we are breathing we can expand the chest minamally, kind of medium, or a lot. during the spinal breathing technique do we want to be conscious of how much we expand each part of our bodies when the breath is moving?

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  1:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tube-

For me, I emphasized the filling of each tube, so to speak, in the beginning. The abdomen, the chest and then the collar bones. Full yogic breaths helped me "feel" the spinal nerve. I imagined the nerve as each portion of my lungs filled, and since they fill in a vertical fashion, going up, it helped reinforce that. The need to emphasize that went away as the spinal nerve "found me." As I have found in many of the practices, sometimes bearing down in the beginning helps us release the need to do that in the future, so all we need is the intention of that movement, and we can feel it.

If it's hard work, maybe you are trying too hard, however in the beginning there was certainly plenty of effort necessary for me to settle in. You asked "do we want to be conscious of how much we expand..." not if it gets in the way of the easy feeling of travelling up and down the spine. If you feel it coming up through the center of your being instead of the spine that is fine too.

Believe me, it is quite worth it, and will literally open up whole new worlds for you...new worlds that are actually quite familiar in a comforting kind of way.

Hope that helped

Welcome welcome

Scott
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  3:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your response and the kind welcome sir scott> I kind of figured It would not be best to force over inhalation and exahlation during this practice but just figured I would ask
seeker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000