Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Coming to US soon, anyone nearby?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone. Just went through an attempted career change and got free tickets to visit Adelaide, Australia (for 2 weeks)and Singapore (for 4 days) one after one, for the invited interviews at 2 companys. My yoga had been at a mess during that time, and it took a while and some effort before I could pick it up again. Don't know why: once you stopped meditating, it seems OK to skip more......

The interviews went out quite well, some photos of the trip are here: www.fotop.net/AlvinChan I took an extensive look at the Hindu Temples in Singapore, and found them quite beautiful (if a bit messy and untidy in design when compared with the Western ones). You can find some snapshot in my album above. NOt sure whether you guys have Hindu temple in such a large scale in US..... Anyway, religious buildings has become my late interest.

The end of the interview also means that I'll do something that I enjoy much more, and I can say goodbye to the luxuarious super-busy 9am-8+ pm schedule a normal Hong Kongers have. Looking back, I've lost much of my Bhakti as compared to 1.5 year ago, and meditation has become something I insist on doing rather than enjoy doing. Hope this is going to change......

Before I embarked upon the 1.5 year long training, there would be another month or two when I would be free. I'll be going to US probaly on 13 March 08, alone, for 2 weeks. The city that I'll first arrived at is Atlanta. My plan is still up in the air, but I'll be travelling around by Greyhound. (I don't have a driving licence yet....)

It may be a chance to meet you guys. Anyone here live in the East (or even better, SouthEast)? Just wish to join you guys for a coffee, if not for a meditation session you know, throughout these 2 years, I sometimes wonder whether you guys are real. It would be really great if we could form a tighter bond across the ocean.

Alvin

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Mar 08 2008 12:24:20 PM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  10:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i live in baltimore, maryland. there is another AYPer who lives here also. PM me if you are coming by my way :-)

Edited by - anthony574 on Mar 05 2008 10:26:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  10:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alvin,

I've sent you a private message about this.

I'll be going to US probaly on 13 Feb 08, alone, for 2 weeks

I don't understand that though -- that time is already a few weeks in the past.....

Regards,

-David

Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  12:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ops.....should be 13 March...Corrected, thanks.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  12:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm far away from Atlanta. Thank you for sharing your photos. Just keep up your meditation....when you get so busy with work and life you benefit from it the most.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2008 :  12:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kathy. I'm not busy right now. I think my mind refuses to cooperate gradually because I had been too insist on meditating, even at the expense of proper social contact at some time. And I lost something partly because of it. Anyway, I'm easing myself towards it again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000