AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The higher self?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  7:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, i've read before especialy here in the middle east where i live some sufi and other spiritual traditions that said about that there is a higher self.

Not to be confused with the higher self like in the advaita vedanta traditions meaning the atman, but an other self with memory of all our past lifes and a seperate being of itself that gets in touch in some part of a man's spiritual journey to help him either achieve the ultimate goal which is for the sufis named a state of being in the presence of god or allah or help guide him through toward his next reincarnation or going to heaven.

The reason why i'm posting this is that i would like to have your opinions on the matter at hand and on the matter of meeting spiritual beings and associating with them especialy like in the cases of some cults or brotherhoods like the golden dawn or the qabala where the person meets his guardian angel and so on and that guardian angel helps him in the development of his spiritual path.

Best wishes to everyone and gonna be waiting for your opinion on the matter.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  8:51:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beirut,
Welcome to the forum.

Higher and lower beings have been discussed at the forum before.
Higher and Lower Beings...
What is the meaning of hot flashes in the body?
Past Lives in Meditation
Hope these help.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  05:22:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
god bless you shanti, truely thank god for making me encounter this great website it seems that everything has an answer here.

god bless everyone in this website.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000