Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 hi everyone i have a question if you may?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  10:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i'm new to this great and wonderful site and i would like to pay my deepest gratitude for the site's constructors truelly this site is the holy grail.

and it's new that i'm new here but i'm not new into meditation and i don't have a guru to guide me into my self realization.

so i would like to ask this question if you may:

in the last 2 months or so i've been doing vivekananda's raja yoga technique i don't know if you are aware of it but it focuses mainly on regulating the breath from the nostrils and using the om mantra and striking the dormant serpent which is the kundalini.

and plus to this exercise i do a lot of introspective meditation and a form of convincing myself that i am brahman and atman and that this body is maya or illusion like in ramana's maharishi's teachings and plus i've been doing for a very short while now some kriya yoga techniques the ones that paramhansa yogananda used to teach.

the thing is that it's been about a week now that i'm experiencing the presence of a lot of vibrations arround the crown chakra or the sahasrara and it's like a flow of energy from the head and it touches the whereabouts of my third eye at the same time.

and i must admit the feeling is pleasant and great and it's giving my meditations a more deep experience.

and i must add that i don't have to meditate to feel this flow of energy but when it's gone focusing on the sahasrara helps in getting it back but like now i've been feeling the vibrations arround my head all the time that i've been writing this topic.

sorry for going on this much, and the main thing that i am asking about is has anyone here experienced or knows anything of what i'm experiencing and if yes than plz share with me what do you know about it.

best wishes to all

Ananda

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI beirut welcome to the forum.

It seems you may be experiencing a premature crown opening. We stay away from working directly on the crown chakra in the AYP system instead we work from root to brow with

Spinal Breathing Pranayama

have a look at this Link I think it may be of help to you. Feel free to come back with any questions we are all here to help.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  12:19:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I'm noticing vibrations around the scalp, I've benefited by experimenting with two time honored mudras I learned here at AYP: turning my eyes up as if looking into the third eye (shambhavi) pointing my tongue at the place where the hard palate meets the soft (kechari mudra).
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  4:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you both brother richard and brother bewell, and concerning the kechari mudra i knew about it not too long ago and i'm gonna work on it in a different approach then the one in this site i'm gonna follow the talviya kriya technique.

and richard i figured that i had a premature crown opening and that was actually my goal bcz i learned that it's the highest passage to higher conciousness but now that i'm at this stage i feel that i'm passing on something and that the opening of this chakra isn't been benefited from to the best there is and by the way its affecting the ajna too and i'll take your advice thx.

much gratful, best wishes.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  5:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
richard i've read the topics in the links you showed me and i'm gonna work on them.

i'm really gratful for ur advice.

god bless u.

tc.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  5:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem Ananda glad to have been of help.

When I first came to AYP I had been experimenting with all sorts of practices for a long time (30years on and off) with some pretty scary results. I went right back to square one and started at the beginning of the AYP main lessons Here that was the best thing I ever did I can testify that AYP works very well as a stand alone practice so why not give it a try and the most important thing is don't forget to Self Pace there is no rush you have the rest of your life and beyond
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  7:35:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

I went right back to square one and started at the beginning of the AYP main lessons

That is more or less what I did too, Richard. Fine suggestion.

Edited by - bewell on Mar 01 2008 7:50:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  12:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so shall i go to square 1 too i guess, cause from day 1 the (i am) meditation and the pranayama technique admited in the main lessons really calmed me down.

salutations.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  08:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No harm in giving it a try Ananda you may find the AYP method is perfect for you,
A lot of us have gone back to square one and done it that way and we haven't looked back since. If you do try it read the lessons carefully and take it step by step its a deceptively powerful system so don't forget to self pace
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  2:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
god bless you my friend.

best wishes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000