AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Nadishodhana Vs. Kundalini Pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gauri

2 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  11:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit gauri's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have a question and hope somebody can help me.

I read in some yoga texts that Nadishodhana Pranayama does purification of Nadis. In Kriya Yoga we give more emphasis to Kundalini Pranayama (I guess you call this as spinal breathing). So my question is - Can Kundalini Pranayama alone can bring nadi cleansing effect? or both are required? I am aware of symptoms of purification brought about by Nadishodhana. Can the same symptoms are shown by Kundalini Pranayama if at all it does purification?

P.S. I am sorry to use wording "we" and "you" but I have been trained in Kriya Yoga and terminology of AYP is slightly different than what I know.

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  05:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Spinal breathing is more advanced practice than simple alternate nostril breathing and it's cleansing effects are more powerful. I believe it includes all the benefits of nadishodhana. Yogani writes about this in the AYP Easy Lessons book. He says if you're strongly attracted to nadishodhana it can be incorporated into spinal breathing, but you shouldn't lose focus on what's important. It's not included in AYP simply because there are more effective techniques available.
Take care.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  07:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Nadishodhana or Anulom Vinom as it is also called is designed to work on the ida and pingala, balancing the energies and preparation for the opening of the sushumna.It is not the same as spinal breathing.By combining the two techniques you can great benefit.Also nadishodhana can aid abnormal blood pressure and calm the mind as preparation for meditation.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000