Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Help: yoga school after kundalini ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pascal

France
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  11:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pascal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hello!

First sorry my very bad English. Thank you in advance to taking time to read this message!
My problem is how to choose a yoga school. The difficulty here in France is to find right information.
I am Frenchman living in France.
I like spirituality since young. I like meditation too.
I like Sri Ramana Maharishi, Arunachala mountain. I lived in south India around 10 years. Mantak Chia books influenced me for techniques of retention of semen during love making also.

2 years ago, during a trance, I awakened Kundalini (Before any serious yoga classes or courses)
I make two years to recovering from this heavy experiment because of ‘blocking’ and impurities inside of me. I was alone also..
It was a very challenging experiment for me but I don’t regret it now because it has little changed me, I feel a lot of compassion, and I feel more 'alive' than before with this particular ‘energy’ inside me.

I try to ground me, which is recommended with kind of energy, but on the same time, 2 years after that experiment, I ‘d like getting a true sadhana.

So I began to learn yogi Bahjan's Kundalini yoga (3ho) with the aim of channelling this 'energy' in me. I felt better but it is necessary to admit it, with this kind of ‘energy’ inside me, any yogas works.

Recently, I get the idea to take lessons to become a '3ho 1st degree teacher' from yogi Bahjan's Kundalini yoga in France.
But with the researches I made on Internet in English about3ho and yogi Bahjan(even if I don’t understand very well English, I confess), some people said that is a cult, a money business $$$, a corrupted gourou. And also people said that is a mixt of hata yogas, and others techniques. I feel mantras of 3ho very strange also..Bu it's Ok

I’m just a beginner now but I don’t want wasting my time..I’m 37 years now..So:
Have you a ‘good’ or ‘honest’ school of Yoga, or Kundalini yoga school to advise me? ( Even in India or others countries) Or any honest school?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Thank you

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  2:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Pascal

Have you a ‘good’ or ‘honest’ school of Yoga, or Kundalini yoga school to advise me? ( Even in India or others countries) Or any honest school?
Thank you
Hi Pascal,

If you wish, you may click on my name on the left column of this posting, and then click on "E-mail User: Click to send an E-Mail" to send me an email, and I will respond to you by email outside of this forum.

Namaste,
Suryakant
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  3:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

quote:

Thank you
Hi Pascal,

If you wish, you may click on my name on the left column of this posting, and then click on "E-mail User: Click to send an E-Mail" to send me an email, and I will respond to you by email outside of this forum.

Namaste,
Suryakant

Suryakant,
Pascal, being a new member, will have to post few time before the member profile direct link email service is activated for him(and all new members).
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  3:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Pascal.
Hope you find what you are looking for.

If you'd be interested is self directed practice, please do read the lessons from here..
In life you get what you need and exactly when you need it. Read some of the lessons and see if the idea of self directed practice sounds appealing to you.

As Yogani says..
The guru is in you.

Wish you all the best in your chosen path.

Edited by - Shanti on Feb 23 2008 3:01:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  4:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Pascal

As Shanti says do have a look at the main lessons from the link she gave you AYP is very effective and may be just what you are looking for.

If you have any questions about the lessons don't hesitate to ask thats what we are all here for, to help each other.

I hope we can be of help to you
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  5:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pascal and welcome to the forum. Just to let you know, I find your English to be very good, as I had no problem understanding your questions. I agree with Shanti and Richard the best place to start is with the Main Lessons "Why This Discussion?" I'm sure you'll find the forum to be a great resource for answering any questions regarding your spiritual journey.

All the Best:

Guy
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  5:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:

quote:

Thank you
Hi Pascal,

Namaste,
Suryakant

Suryakant,
Pascal, being a new member, will have to post few time before the member profile direct link email service is activated for him(and all new members).

Shanti,

Thank you for reminding me of that - I'm a relatively new member myself, and I'm still learning!

I just sent Pascal a personal email.

Suryakant
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2008 :  7:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
AYP is a great sadhana...probably the best you can find, in my opinion!
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  12:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I just sent Pascal a personal email.

Suryakant

Hi Suryakant,
What I appreciate about this forum is that Yogani is not "it's my way or hit the highway", and there are many people here who supplement their practices with other techniques and systems of enlightenment. The AYP website and forum is an excellent resource, one which I have found to be very helpful, stimulating and informative. There are also a lot of enlightened caring people here from around the world!

I bought and read the book "Kundalini Yoga - The Flow of Eternal Power" as taught by Yogi Bhajan, Ph.D. and written by Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa. I finished reading the book two weeks ago. The view point of the writing is that kundalini is very easy to awaken but once awoken, "it is up to you to keep it up".
I have practiced the Sat Kriya, Breath of Fire and the method of curing addictions through stimulating a reflex response under the pineal gland. They are effective techniques.

The teachings are affiliated with Gurmukh, a lovely lady who has a kundalini workout DVD which I have been practicing for months. It is a grueling workout designed to flex and strengthen the spine and release the kundalini. Really makes you sweat and work through the pain. She puts me to shame with her stamina, attitude and composure. May God bless her.

What I appreciated about the writing in Khalsa's book was that it explained in clear terms about the effects of manipulating the glands and chakras, explained inner alchemy (secretions from the pineal and pituitary glands) and how to stimulate the glands. It also explained a technique called the Sat Kriya which generates psychic heat which activates the kundalini. It also has little bit in it on "How To Annoy a Woman" which I found quite informative.

For example, the book explains that breathing 4 times per minute or less stimulates the pituitary gland and causes it to secrete. For me, this statement was so interesting! I wonder if, when the pituitary secretes, it helps build whatever you are focusing on, whether it be during chi gathering, spinal breathing, chanting mantras out loud, Samuel Sagan's raspy breath, Barabara Ann Brennan's Nasal rasp breath or even during the Micro Cosmic Orbit.

I'm a very dense person, which is why I love to read and try as many different books and teachings on everything. So, I'm very interested in what you have to say about Yogi Bhajan's flavor of kundalini too. Could you please email me your comments too?

TI

Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  04:08:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

I'm a very dense person, which is why I love to read and try as many different books and teachings on everything. So, I'm very interested in what you have to say about Yogi Bhajan's flavor of kundalini too. Could you please email me your comments too?

TI

Hi Tibetan Ice,

If I had any comments to make about Yogi Bhajan's flavor of kundalini, I would be happy to email them to you. However, I know very little about Yogi Bhajan's teachings, and I am not a student of Yogi Bhajan or 3HO, so I am not qualified to comment on that particular school.
Go to Top of Page

Pascal

France
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  07:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pascal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for your welcomes and your message
I'm new in this forum so sorry in advance for my questions and all
I just have a look in AYP, this forum is very nice,a lot of practical compilations/lessons here.Thank.
Thanks Shanti, I'm interested by self directed practice, but I searching for a serious school,and meeting people to learn also.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  10:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pascal, and welcome!

You might try contacting the translator of the AYP lessons in France, by replying to any post at the forum here:
http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pr...anceesdeyoga

Your inquiry will not post publicly, but will go directly to his email. His name is Bernard. Perhaps he or someone he knows can point you to schools nearby.

If you are looking for a prominent school in India, the Bihar School of Yoga is very well-known and highly regarded. It was founded by Swami Satyananda, a leading disciple of Swami Sivananda. The school offers many fine books on yoga also, which are available worldwide.
http://www.yogavision.net/home.htm

Also, if you check the AYP Links Section, you will find schools and retreat centers of many kinds all over the world. http://www.aypsite.org/Links.html

While I believe that AYP is a more fully integrated, non-sectarian and flexible path than most, we don't have physical schools or facilities, except for your computer of course.

So be sure to check in here with questions and sharings that may come up along the way. There is a lot of information and help available here, and no one will tell you what you must do. That is up to you. Whatever is best for everyone's spiritual progress according to personal choice is what I want.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Pascal

France
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2008 :  01:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pascal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks yogani !
The difficulty is to found the correct practice for me, among thousand practices available on the net.
I think I’m not enough grounded yet to ear the small voice in my heart for guiding me
Thanks for your links and thanks your heavy work for AYP
Pascal

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani
If you are looking for a prominent school in India, the Bihar School of Yoga is very well-known and highly regarded.

Hello Pascal,

I Googled "Bihar School" per Yogani's reference, and "France" per your home country, and found this:
http://www.yogasatyananda-france.ne...r-france.php

One doesn't have to go to India to benefit from Bihar School yoga: I did it in Lansing. Like you, I had had an intense inner energy awakening, and I needed a regular yoga practice to integrate it and find balance. In my case, I was looking for yoga training near where I lived and free of charge. I stumbled onto free classes with a little group called "Yogic Sciences Research Institute." They didn't emphasize the Bihar School connection, but it was a group of traveling Bihar School yoga teachers from India that had gotten the institute started and all their teaching were mirrored exactly in Bihar School publications.

Of course if you have the funding, the time, and you are interested in trying out a whole new culture while your integrating your Kundalini awakening, an actual trip to India might be fine. Or maybe some of both.

The whole K awakening, integration process can be wonderful. Mine has been. I wish you all the best in finding the best practice FOR YOU.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  05:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I can recommend is:
http://www.amma-europe.org/french/i...sommaire.php
http://hamsa-yoga.org/index.php (Although no centers in France, closest ones are in Uk, Germany, Switzerland and Italy.)
http://dyc.org/index.php and http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/theashram (although no centers in europe afaik)

Hey, at least you are not in NZ! I'm like on a deserted island over here, spiritually speaking, hahaha. Then again Goddess is everywhere! And the guru is in Yogani and in you! :D
Go to Top of Page

Pascal

France
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2008 :  12:07:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pascal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bewell and Chiron!!
Go to Top of Page

Pascal

France
13 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  06:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pascal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chiron

What I can recommend is:
http://www.amma-europe.org/french/i...sommaire.php
http://hamsa-yoga.org/index.php (Although no centers in France, closest ones are in Uk, Germany, Switzerland and Italy.)
http://dyc.org/index.php and http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/theashram (although no centers in europe afaik)

Hey, at least you are not in NZ! I'm like on a deserted island over here, spiritually speaking, hahaha. Then again Goddess is everywhere! And the guru is in Yogani and in you! :D

Amma teaching Kundalini yoga?
Juste one more thing, Chiron you recommend http://hamsa-yoga.org/index.php
It is Hamsa Yoga. Are sure that is not a cult? What about this guru :Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath. Is very charismatic..but he 's real guru, or just a religious instructor or a faked?
Sorry for all of this questions but we don't have infos in french. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2008 :  11:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
2 years ago, during a trance, I awakened Kundalini (Before any serious yoga classes or courses)
I make two years to recovering from this heavy experiment because of ‘blocking’ and impurities inside of me. I was alone also..

Bonjour Pascal,

What kind of trance awakened your kundalini: shamanic or other type ?

It could interesting for you to detail what happened during that trance in order to get information on which system might be appropriate to support your awakening.

Amicalement,

Albert also living in France

Edited by - selfonlypath on Mar 15 2008 12:18:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  04:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Amma teaching Kundalini yoga?

As far as I can tell she is kundalini personified.

quote:
Juste one more thing, Chiron you recommend http://hamsa-yoga.org/index.php
It is Hamsa Yoga. Are sure that is not a cult? What about this guru :Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath. Is very charismatic..but he 's real guru, or just a religious instructor or a faked?

Yogiraj Siddahanth has the ability to give direct energy transfer as well as give the experience of a still-mind state.

Then again my advice is based solely on my intuition, not experience, so by all means do take it with a grain of salt. Since you said you had the means, it won't hurt to try them out at least once, to find out for yourself. I'm prepared to pay the karmic debts if I am pointing you to false guru's, but I think not..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000