AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Lights again!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  1:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Wise ones,

Pranam!

I am back again after a long break from the forum. I have some experience and I would like to share. You know, people can see light in meditation. What is different in this case is that, I see light without meditation. It is not willful, but rather happens anytime. It is an streak of light. The best that I can describe it is as follows: it is like making a streak with your finger on a dew moist window, except that it can happen on walls and can go away without a trace. Please share your experience.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  3:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aditya

Is well worth getting anything to do with the eyes checked out this could be an energy phenomena but I experienced something very similar and that turned out to be a very slight leak of vitreous humour into the rear of the retina.
In my case it was nothing to worry about and there was nothing to do but I was told that these symptoms can sometimes be a prelude to a retinal detachment so go get it checked just in case. Your eyes are not something you want to take chances with.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  3:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Well I haven't seen streaks of light but I have had shimmering like you see on a hot road when you see a mirage.I have had this at nighttime in my periphial vision as well as in daylight in my full vision range.It's like blurring of the vision sometimes with heatwave like views.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  12:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing "lights" when not meditating can be any number of things. I sometimes see blues balls of light very briefly. I have had this since youth. It's not a visual disturbance. But I have also had visual migraines which are very much like what riptiz discribes. Always best to check out any visual disturbance just as others have suggested. During meditation I sometimes see so much light that I get sidetracked, but it's fun :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000