AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 fear of flying
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  12:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I love the feeling of fear without actual risk.

Last night I dreamed I was taking flight lessons with Yogani and my Franciscan Women Mystics prof as my instructors. It was time for my backward roll lesson and I was scared. I was driving to the airpark debating in my mind between going through with my first ever backward roll or quitting lessons entirely. I played the backward roll over and over again in my mind: accelerate, pull back the steering wheel, keep accelerating until you are upright again.

I awoke with a strong feeling of fear all through my body and it was a great! Laying in bed awake, I kept playing with the back roll fantasy and enjoying the fear.

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  10:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fear is the name we give to very specific psychological and physiological reactions to stimuli. The adrenaline rush and the feeling of relief afterwards, the satisfaction of having "worked through" the fear, can be addicting.

Deep meditation has changed my perception of reality so dramatically that I constantly battle fear. I think you have a great attitude about this emotion and can use it to further your practice.

Courage is not the absence of fear; it's the ability to walk through it.

aum namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000