Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 How do I insert a "Quote"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2008 :  1:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi clk1710 ( are you a star ?)

quote:
ok, maybe i'm bit computer illiterate, but how do you insert a quote that someone else said onto your response?? i've been meaning to ask...

It is alwaus good to ask!!
Yes....you simply click on the icon in the format bar when you are replying....it is the icon with the red arrow on the paper image....and then you simply copy and paste (within the quote brackets) the way you usually do in a text. You can also paste the quote first, then mark it the way you usually mark text and then clik on the quotatin icon.

Okey?

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  08:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

And how do you get it to say here, so that when someone clicks on the word here, they get zoomed off to somewhere else? That one has always impressed me!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2008 :  11:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
You can go to the FAQ as follows:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/faq.asp#hyperlink

This shows you how, although I've never used it myself
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  7:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's been hectic here so i haven't been able to respond but thanks Katrine for the instructions on quotes. so lets see if it works....

[quote]Originally posted by Katrine

Hi clk1710 ( are you a star ?)

in regards to this... haha , i'm not a superstar (if that's what you are referring to) - i'm just another bozo on a spiritual path!!..... however, sometimes my ego thinks i am!!

thanks Katrine, now i know how to do quotes. take care!
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2008 :  7:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well it didn't do the quote as i had expected but i guess that's one way to do it
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  06:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Click,

click on the edit button on the post that didn't quote properly. It's the button with the pen and paper. Then after the quote type [/quote] ...then click on "post changes"... then it should work.
You should have got that in the first place, I'm not sure why it didn't work.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2008 :  08:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This topic was split from the "Raising Children" thread.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3438#29908
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000