Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Third eye opening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  7:21:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Saturday, Jan 19 2008 Tibetan Ice

I did the Kunlun practice for five days and then quit for a breather yesterday. I was also performing spinal breathing and silence mantra meditation (i am - AYP) but at different times of the day. I have been performing the spinal breathing and deep silence meditation twice a day now for 2 months. Before that, I was performing chakra meditation, sometimes with crystals.

On Friday Jan 18, 2008, during my morning meditation, the cave inside my head, where a great body of water exists, was still very dark. I noticed this cave inside my head a couple weeks ago during Samyama (an AYP practice). When I would release a sutra, a drop of something was released into a large still body of water by this large hand that appeared in there a while ago. I would watch the ripples that the sutra droplet would cause, patiently waiting until the ripples would vanish before releasing the next sutra. The cave and the body of water were somewhat small and dark, or so they seemed. After Samyama, I kept focusing on the cave and the body of water. I wanted to explore the cave. I asked the large hand to go away and it did.

I started looking around the cave and it was very dark. I could not see much. I thought that it would be nice to have more light. Suddenly, several white pulses of light appeared in the water as waves under the surface, coming towards me. The next thing I knew, the cave became brighter and a big yellow sun started to rise on the horizon. The sun slowly ascended into the sky. At first there were a few clouds but they soon disappeared. The sun rose until it was about 40 degrees in the sky and stopped there. I was not in a cave, but some mysterious 'planet' of water, sun and sky! This was inside my head? I also noticed that 'I' or at least a dark body was sitting cross-legged and floating just above the water, staring at the sun. I went and sat next to it, hovering above the water, to check it out. It seemed relatively benign, sort of like an empty shell. I then transferred my attention to the inside of the dark body and watched the sun from within. It was soothing, nice and warm. I could put myself into the dark body or fly my attention around the dark body, looking about. All I could see was the dark body, a perfectly still ocean of water with no land, the sky and the big yellow sun.

I had to end my meditation and resume my daily activities. I noticed that the sun was a persistent image; it was there in my head throughout the day and was not going away. Persistent sun!

That afternoon, after getting home from work, I meditated again. I performed the spinal breathing (AYP) and then the "i am" meditation. I performed Samyama and then I focused on the sun. It was still there, nice, warm, relaxing, not doing too much.

During the day I had been reading about Reike Tummo, about how the heart is the centre and key to everything. In Reike Tummo, the first thing you do is learn to ground yourself to the earth, then pull down divine or cosmic energy from the sky and direct it into the earth through the sushumna (central spinal nerve). Lastly, the earth responds and sends its energy back to you, which you route through your sushumna up into the sky above through your celestial chakras.

That night, I decided to incorporate the Reike Tummo ideas into a kundalini meditation which I had learned a while ago. I grounded myself to the center of the earth with my red tail. (I have this red tail that is connected to my root chakra that flops around a lot, but it goes where I tell it to go when I think of it). Next, I envisioned cosmic or divine energy coming down from the heavens through all of the celestial chakras above the head, activating my crown chakra until it turned into a pool of liquid white light. I then proceeded to slowly take the liquid white light down through all my chakras, bathing them in white light, spinning them clockwise, taking the light all the way down to the centre of the earth. I kept this up for 30 minutes. Nothing eventful happened. I ended that part of the meditation and grounded myself.

Next, I went to the water sun and sky scene in my head and sat in the dark body for a while, watching the sun. It was very nice, calm, peaceful and warm.

As I ended the meditation I noticed a small bright white light starting to shine in my head, at about a 45 degree angle up from my forehead. This light was persistent. It did not go away, even when I was lying in bed before dozing off to sleep later that night. Now I had two persistent visions to watch; the sun sea and sky, and the little white light.

This morning, Jan 19, 2008, I woke up, and meditated for an hour. However, this time I decided to modify spinal breathing and the silence meditation, which I had been doing for two months. When I sat down to meditate, the little white light was still there, so I focused on it and it got brighter, more pronounced and gradually resembled a five pointed star. A persistent star! So, I grounded my red tail into the earth and proceeded with spinal breathing but with a twist.

Instead of taking the awareness from the root chakra to the brow and back down, I took red energy from the centre of the earth and brought it up through the spinal nerve right up into the five pointed star on the in-breath. Then, on the out-breath, I brought white light from the star, down through my brow chakra and the spinal nerve, down to the centre of the earth. Cosmic spinal breathing! I performed this for 15 minutes.

Next, I altered the "i am" meditation and instead of mentally repeating the mantra in my head, I felt it as spurts of love and desire to know god from my heart. I smiled a lot too. So, instead of repeating "i am", I felt "I send my love to God through my heart and would like to know God" and repeated the feeling over and over like a mantra from my heart. I was getting a lot of goose bumps and energy flows happening. I also felt pain at various locations in and around my heart like something was clearing. At one point, Jesus asked me what I was doing and I told him that I wanted to know God. (Jesus often appears to me in as an animated vision, I usually ask him questions and he shows me pictures of his hands performing actions or creating visions). Gradually, I could see what appeared to be massive amounts of scenes objects and things, in yellowish light but I couldn't make out much. It was just too compressed and packed. This meditation lasted 30 minutes. I ended the meditation and then focused on the sea, sky and sun scene.

The dark body was still there, floating above the water, facing the sun. However!!! The sun now had long rays coming out from it; long narrow petals of streaming yellow light. It almost looked like a sunflower with very skinny petals. One large ray of yellow light came out from the sun and pulled a white light body out of the hovering dark body and started swinging it back and forth, like a pendulum or a kite. So, I transferred my consciousness to the white light body and felt the motions swaying back and forth. Eventually, the beam of yellow light from the sun was drawing circle eights as a flight path for the white light body. It was a very nice feeling.

I finally closed the session down and grounded myself.

As the day progressed, I noticed that I had heat in my head and that I didn't feel normal. There was a pressure in my head. I was very spacey and felt very light and tingly. The sun sky water scene was still there along with the other scene with the star. I decided to do some banking and then bring a book to a female reiki healer that I had met several months ago who works in a crystal store.

As I was driving to the place where she worked I noticed that I could look at the street through my mind's eye! It looked very hazy, like flames of color! There was no detail, just wavy patterns that resembled fields of energy, sort of like the aura on a candle flame or infra red video. I parked the car and went in to talk to Jane (that's not her real name).

After recounting my experiences meditating to her, I looked at her through my mind's eye or rather, I could see the whole store through my mind's eye. Everything was glowing, shimmering bright colors, no details; it was like looking through heat sensitive vision. Shapes were no longer shapes but flowing energy patterns of light surrounding the objects. People appeared brighter and looked like layers of glimmering colors radiating outwards.

I looked at Jane and she had a large purple-red-yellow flame-like protrusion coming out of her neck radiating upwards for about 2 feet. She had an aura of bluish green with some orange on the outer edges and a patch of red on her right side below her ribs. I told her about the red patch and she proceeded to sense it with her right hand. She said that she was sore from doing Yoga yesterday. I could see yellow light streaming out from her right arm, surrounding it for a distance of about 6 inches as she moved her arm about exploring her sore side reiki style. She told me that eventually my psychic sight would become even clearer. We discussed the importance of grounding and then I left.

I think I've awakened my third eye! I think the Kunlun along with the variations in my meditation routine have seriously accelerated my growth. Right now it seems redundant to keep up the same old routines for fear that those routines, even though they had their purpose, would only serve as a kind of cage from which there is no growth. If the match catches fire, you stop striking it on the cover, don't you? And next time, don't you need another match? I might feel differently tomorrow. Right now I'm kind of in shock, in awe and sort of happy about all of this.

These are the symptoms that I am experiencing now:
- a single bell dinging in my right ear at various times throughout the day, more so during meditation. The bell dinging started about two weeks ago during deep silence meditation.
- tingling on the top of my head like an insect is crawling on my scalp. This too started about two weeks ago and happens two or three times a day.
- heat and slight pressure throughout the whole head.
- persistent sun sky water dark body scene in my head.
- persistent star scene in my head.
- I can visualize what I'm looking at and see it as an energy scene similar to flames of light or infra red video (third eye sight?).
- I feel tingles through my whole body.
- I sporadically experience waves of tingling pleasurable energy coming either from my head, heart or butt throughout the day depending on what I'm thinking about or rather, what I'm feeling at the time. They come as waves of bliss (for lack of a better term). I have experienced this bliss before so this is nothing new except now the occurrences flow very easily and more frequently.

Questions:
1) Is there anywhere in Yogani's teachings that deals with 'grounding' to the earth before starting practices?

2) If the problem with raising the kundalini is 'blocked passages', doesn't it make sense to clean the passages from the top down first instead of trying to raise the kundalini first? Isn't divine or cosmic energy safer, more intelligent and cooler than kundalini? For example, in this video, it shows a top-down approach which seems very safe:
http://video.google.com.au/videopla...343156674979

3) I noticed that when I perform the mantra inside my head, I get a lot of random pictures occurring. Someone else said that this means you are stimulating the visual cortex and the visual memory centre in the brain, sort of like hooking up electrodes to different parts of the brain. If this is the scenery, then I can see why it should be ignored. However, not all scenery is scenery, is it? For example, I can see my root chakra, persitently, all of the time whenever I focus on it. It is a golden square 4 sided pyramid surrounded by four dark red petals, with a small thread coming out of the top and there is a dark entanglement about 4 inches above it. I assume that the dark entanglement is a knot of some sort. Periodically, there is a white drop of something hanging off of the thread. I wouldn't call that scenery. Would you?

4) What is this huge universe in my head? What is the clear still water and the sun? Has anyone else experienced this type of phenomenon?

If you have any other comments or advice, I would be greatful to hear your response.
Thanks.
TI

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  08:24:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Tibetan Ice,

I also see the great practicality of Kunlun practice...I've been looking into it a lot lately as well. Good to see other people at the forum who are interested in it. I plan on going to a seminar and trying it out exclusively for a while..probably will do that in a couple of months when I have some free time.

However, both the Kunlun as well as the AYP systems, advise you not to mix the two practices. Max (the primary teacher of Kunlun) says to not do any kundalini practices when doing his practices. The two apparently don't mix well at all. And I believe him, since I've had some horrific inner experiences myself, due to not following directions and advice...and I've also had great inner experiences, due to practicing as directed.

In AYP, during practice time, we try to gently turn our attention away from the scenery (all of these images and experiences), and favor the practice of returning to the mantra. This is a hard and fast rule...it's the key to meditation...if you just go off on experiences and visions, you won't be accomplishing anything.

All of the symptoms you're describing are just manifestations of the awakening process. I've also had a few times where it seemed that I could see things with my eyes closed, and it was similar to what you're describing.

quote:
1) Is there anywhere in Yogani's teachings that deals with 'grounding' to the earth before starting practices?

Not really. You can start practices right away, but there's an emphasis on constant grounding. So practitioners find a balance between practice time, and going out to engage the world. There are many other great ideas for grounding here in the forums.

quote:
2) If the problem with raising the kundalini is 'blocked passages', doesn't it make sense to clean the passages from the top down first instead of trying to raise the kundalini first? Isn't divine or cosmic energy safer, more intelligent and cooler than kundalini? For example, in this video, it shows a top-down approach which seems very safe:
http://video.google.com.au/videopla...343156674979

I have no idea about the video you posted, since my internet connection is a satellite shared by 20 other people.

It does seem to me that cleaning yourself out from the top down and grounding, would be ideal. But AYP, when done as advised, works great. I say - choose one system or another. Kunlun or AYP. Practice as directed, and you'll soon learn how the inner energies are working...then you can decide which is the way to go.

quote:
3) I noticed that when I perform the mantra inside my head, I get a lot of random pictures occurring. Someone else said that this means you are stimulating the visual cortex and the visual memory centre in the brain, sort of like hooking up electrodes to different parts of the brain. If this is the scenery, then I can see why it should be ignored. However, not all scenery is scenery, is it? For example, I can see my root chakra, persitently, all of the time whenever I focus on it. It is a golden square 4 sided pyramid surrounded by four dark red petals, with a small thread coming out of the top and there is a dark entanglement about 4 inches above it. I assume that the dark entanglement is a knot of some sort. Periodically, there is a white drop of something hanging off of the thread. I wouldn't call that scenery. Would you?

Yes, I would. Scenery is not a bad term, as if it were saying something is entirely useless. It just means that you should focus on doing the actual practice of meditation, during meditation time. When you're done with practices, then if you want you can look at all of the scenery...as long as you're not becoming too ungrounded. But practice time is for practice - that's how you make progress.

quote:
4) What is this huge universe in my head? What is the clear still water and the sun? Has anyone else experienced this type of phenomenon?

I'm not sure. Is it a vision? Or are you trying to describe sensations in your head? Words are a tough way of communicating...especially when it comes to experiences. A person who hasn't had the experience can be totally mislead.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  08:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice:

Please keep in mind that the key to progress on the path is stable practice over the long term. If we keep adding on and modifying our practice every time we have an experience, there will be no stability and little chance for manageable progress.

The suggestion is to work with one practice and build a good foundation with a steady twice-daily routine for some time before considering adding anything on. Deep meditation is where we start in AYP. And we favor the procedure of the practice as given over the all the experiences. If you simplify what you are doing in that way, it will be much easier to proceed, and to address questions that come up. At the moment your practice is too spread out to facilitate much in the way of meaningful progress or support.

It is much more about building a foundation of inner silence than all the rest of the stuff.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  12:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott

Hey Tibetan Ice,

I also see the great practicality of Kunlun practice...I've been looking into it a lot lately as well. Good to see other people at the forum who are interested in it. I plan on going to a seminar and trying it out exclusively for a while..probably will do that in a couple of months when I have some free time.

However, both the Kunlun as well as the AYP systems, advise you not to mix the two practices. Max (the primary teacher of Kunlun) says to not do any kundalini practices when doing his practices. The two apparently don't mix well at all. And I believe him, since I've had some horrific inner experiences myself, due to not following directions and advice...and I've also had great inner experiences, due to practicing as directed.

Hi Scott,
Thank you for responding! I appreciate it.

Well, I've been very interested in auras lately, since my third eye is opening and I can see people and scenes, even with my eyes closed! I was talking to a very pretty lady about auras and what the colors mean and it made me start browsing some books I have by Barabara Ann Brennan. I found this and it sure sounds like kunlun to me:

"Vibrating your body means to hold your body in a position of tension that sets up involuntary physical vibrations in the body. This will increase energy flow and release blocks. These exercises are well known in core and bioenergetic therapy.
Stand with your feet parallel and shoulder width apart. After you complete the aura charging exercises given above, stand and again simply breathe out when you go down and in when you go up. Bend your knees as much as you can; let your legs begin to feel tired. If you keep doing this long enough, your legs will begin to physically vibrate in an involuntary way. If they do not, start a vibration by quickly bouncing up and down on your heels. Allow the vibrations to work up into the upper part of your legs and your pelvis. With practice, these vibrations will spread over your whole body. This is a very good way to create a strong energy flow throughout your body. Once you get the feel of it, you can devise exercises to cause any part of your body to vibrate in order to increase the energy flow through that part. In this case, one usually needs the pelvis to vibrate in order to enhance the earthly energies flowing through the first and second chakras. Later, when you are in a healing situation, you can slowly roll your pelvis back and forth (while in a sitting position), then add a little short, fast vibration to the rolling motion. This should help the pelvis vibrate. You will feel the increased energy flow throughout your whole body. "
From "Hands Of Light" - Barbara Ann Brennan

So now I'm thinking that the kunlun increased my energy flow, allowing other practices that I have been doing to come to fruition. Also, I can see that if the kundalini is active, you wouldn't want to increase your energy flow, would you?

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the kunlun is not valid or is a sham. I am trying to understand the principles and science behind it, because a better understanding helps to dispel any fears and myths. I still think kunlun has great value and I'm thankful that it has come accross my path.

Now I'm thinking that the deep silence and Samyama have played a major part in my third eye awakening as well as Sagan's friction breathing.

Comments anyone?

TI
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  12:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Tibetan Ice:

Please keep in mind that the key to progress on the path is stable practice over the long term. If we keep adding on and modifying our practice every time we have an experience, there will be no stability and little chance for manageable progress.

The suggestion is to work with one practice and build a good foundation with a steady twice-daily routine for some time before considering adding anything on. Deep meditation is where we start in AYP. And we favor the procedure of the practice as given over the all the experiences. If you simplify what you are doing in that way, it will be much easier to proceed, and to address questions that come up. At the moment your practice is too spread out to facilitate much in the way of meaningful progress or support.

It is much more about building a foundation of inner silence than all the rest of the stuff.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Hi Yogani,
First off, please let me say thank you for the lessons, the books and the clinical procedures. I appreciate the enormous effort and time that you have dedicated to this body of knowledge. I have read all of your lessons and books.

Yes, it does sound like I am spread out quite a bit. But if you have gifts from God, isn't it proper to be grateful, develop them and use them to help others?

I did yoga a lot in my younger years and was also a member of the Self Realization Fellowship for two years. I did not achieve that much. I think the component that I was missing was the deep silence, which your 'i am' meditation brought on quite rapidly. One day a few weeks ago after deep silence meditation, for example, I spent the whole day like a dispassionate observer watching myself going through my daily routines. I had become separate from myself and was calmly watching from somewhere else behind. Perhaps I was the witness.

Inner silence is not the end, is it? Are you equating inner silence to enlightenment?

TI
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2008 :  09:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice:

Inner silence is the beginning and the end. It is the beginning as the witness, and the end as stillness in action, outpouring divine love and unity. Energy (kundalini/shakti) plays a supporting role in this evolution, with a thousand by-ways which can be traveled. If there is inner silence, the by-ways will be illuminated and stabilized as part of the enlightenment process. And if inner silence is limited, the by-ways will become personal tangents leading to who-knows-where. "Gifts" will not be enlightenment in that case. That's why we suggest favoring the procedure of practice over the experiences, with deep meditation being the primary practice.

It is good that you are moving into samyama. Systematic practice over time will yield the best results -- stillness in action. Yes, systematic may seem rather clinical. Yet, that is how a progressive journey is conducted -- by steady driving. All the rest is the scenery along the way.

Likewise, kundalini can be addressed systematically with some more of those clinical practices, nurturing the ecstatic wings upon which inner silence flies. If the kingdom of inner silence is cultivated first, and then ecstatic energy from the center, then the gifts will flourish as part of the natural divine outflow, and everyone will benefit. That is enlightenment.

Carry on!

The guru is in you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000