AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Knot of Brahma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  2:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was thinking about the three knots at Muladhara, Anahata, Ajna. I realize this is under-the-hood stuff.
The first knot, the knot of Brahma, which "restricts the center at the base of the spine." I believe I have experienced pain related to this, an intense sharp pain in the bottom of the pelvis as this loosens. It reoccured several times.
For me this seemed to occur around the time of increasing flow in other chakras, and with some increasing capacity for flow elsewere, some stretching occurred at Muladhara.
After the last time, I awoke one morning, looking down the tunnel into blue sky below Muladhara, through a circular space that seemed to be about 6 inches across. Surprising. Never read anywhere this could happen.(How did I dream this up? (Good grief.) I think what was going on then, in my meditations was a focus on grief. And sitting with grief, there was some purification, that resulted in an energy effect at Muladhara.This sounds utterly crazy, if you gonna believe this story at all. Do you out there in AYP land experience grief too?
John

Edited by - x.j. on Jan 18 2008 02:53:44 AM

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  3:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John:

Here is an AYP lesson on the three granthis (knots): http://www.aypsite.org/276.html
A clinical approach.

Yes, we yogis and yoginis still grieve, but a part of us remains untouched, even as we melt in tears. Our Silent Self. It is pain without suffering. But certainly not indifferent -- feeling much deeper than we could before -- surrendering to the opening -- and somehow finding wholeness in the tragedies of life. Perhaps it is because love is never destroyed. No matter who or what we lose, we will always have the precious eternal love that has been shared. That goes on forever.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  4:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Yogani, I love your answer, and the link you provide about all the yogic techniques to release the knots in that way.
I have one humble comment that occurs to me though. The yogic techniques you list, and that we practice, are very effective, and
yet, are techniques, and techniques can be kind of cold and like tools sitting on a workbench a little. Whereas...if a person has begun a meditative practice as the central theme, and have grown to see the value of resting with say that sense of loss, and if the meditator can hold themselves in equinimity and acceptance of their grief, then that grief becomes the tool, that opens us to the Great Stillness, without resorting to yogic techniques like mudras, etc. It just seems like such an incredible grace to rest with whatever is there for us individually, that it makes all yogic techniques seem secondary. I know we do not disagree about any of this.

Edited by - x.j. on Jan 18 2008 01:43:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  5:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John:

No doubt the two approaches are compatible. We can only smell the flower if the nose is clear.

That is why optimizing integrations of the most effective methods is the main focus in AYP. As soon as we fixate on one particular aspect of practice or experience, something is lost. If we open the whole, even as we are releasing it, then we will know what it is. Knowing it is becoming it -- That.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  5:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"We can only smell the flower if the nose is clear."

"... daily cleansing
of the nasal passages and sinuses may be desirable at
certain times along our path. We will know
intuitively when it is time for this."

/Yogani in Diet book
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  03:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"We can only smell the flower if the nose is clear."
The smelling of flowers somehow implies to me the area of yogic dietary abstentions.
John

Edited by - x.j. on Jan 19 2008 04:08:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  04:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yogani wrote:
No doubt the two approaches are compatible. We can only smell the flower if the nose is clear.
John wrote:
We can only smell the flower if the nose is clear."
The smelling of flowers somehow implies to me the area of yogic dietary abstentions.
John

Hi John,
I think Yogani was speaking metaphorically. As in, we can only see God everywhere we look when our heart (and nervous system) is pure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000