Enlightenment Milestones
 I died on the farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  10:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am living as a king in a mansion on a hill. I live in abundance, in paradise, in a place where my dreams come to life, one by one.

I sleep in a tent in the redwood forest next to an ancient red giant.

I fall asleep to a symphony of frogs, crickets, owls, and the ocean hitting the coastline.

I awake in the morning to the aroma of redwood and wild sage, which is accentuated by a night rain.

The sun rises over ridge of redwood forest and warms the farm.

I start the day with a pleasant walk down the hill to the main farm
area to start seeds, tend to seedlings, and prepare for transplanting and a variety of tasks for the day.

I work alongside others who are just as enthusiastic about the work, no matter what we are doing.
I have a great supply of fresh produce in all its' variety available to me.

I followed my heart and jumped into this.
This began on April 1st,2006.

In the beginning, following the quiet whispers of my heart was not easy for me. Really, it totally terrified me.

Just before going to the farm, I had become very proficient in allowing stillness of the mind to be my constant state. I thought I was comfortable with it until I moved to the farm and was stripped of anything familiar. Especially at night, in the pitch black, all I had was me... no thoughts, feelings, emotions, identity...

I was terrified of becoming or allowing nothing but the stillness. I was afraid of becoming nothing, just being in darkness. Secondly, I was terrified of all the emotions that came raging at me when I allowed myself to rest in complete stillness. Very intense...

I spent my first 4 weeks in constant anxiety, fear, and tears.
Then one day I became sick of it all and thought: "F*ck it! Just let it all come out and just give up." I allowed all of my emotions to pass and then I surrendered to the "darkness"(the still of my mind). Absolute nothing!
Over the next couple of days I found out that I was really content and quietly joyful in the stillness and I no longer perceived it as
darkness. It is a very warm and fulfilling feeling. A constant contentment and quiet joy.

Then everything in my external world magically transformed around me as if to mirror my quiet joy/contentment inside. Even the sound of the horn of a big rig on the highway would fascinate me.

Now I am experimenting and having fun with this in every area of my life...

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 03 2008 10:42:56 PM

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  10:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I live in stillness I can truly live from pure inspiration. I made a vow to follow all of my inspirations that spontaneously arise from my still center.

They are usually very simple inspirations, for example: I passed by the door of my employers' (a beautiful husband and wife couple) house on the way to the laundry room feeling very grateful and loving towards them and I felt inspired to knock on their door and express how I felt about them.
So I didn't hesitate and I just did it. It felt so wonderful and they were pleasantly surprised to receive it.

Edited by - Hunter on Jan 03 2008 10:50:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  05:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A beautiful inspiring story of your journey Hunter, thank you
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Hunter,

I envy you. What a great life.

Enjoy, yb.

Edited by - yogibear on Jan 04 2008 11:46:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  2:12:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sparkle and Yogibear.

Yogibear, it really is a great life. Working hard during the day, kick up your heels when the sun goes down.

Sparkle, I just read your topic titled 'Spiritual Envy and Jealousy'.

Thank you for sharing it and being so real. Your writing is full of gems. I am inspired by what I learned from your posts.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  10:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Hunter for your posts, they are an inspiration which pull us all a little deeper into silence...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000