Enlightenment Milestones
 I am being watched. No place to hide?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  03:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi:

I have noticed some new experience over the last few days.

Everywhere I look, I find that I am being observed back, quietly, silently. Every thing seems to be looking back at me as I am looking at him/her/it. EVERY THING! From a tree branch, a dead leaf, a cloud, a leaf of lettuce on a half-finished salad plate.

Where-ever I look, there seems to be this almost playful awareness silently, quietly and irreverently acknowledging me back.

I first noticed this in a most base situation. As I was briskly walking to a late class I caught my awareness lingering on the posterior of one of the attractive female students who were lazily blocking the path ahead. Before I could recompose a more appropriate posture of a "dignified" professor as I passed the young ladies, I distinctively sensed that the thing (posterior, not the body or person) had kind of "greeted" me as I "admired" it. I dismissed the episode as some imaginative voyeurism to eventually rein in.

But ever since that moment, it seems that every thing that I see sees me too. I do not sense eyes or beings all around; no light, no sound, no intensity; just a very very subtle sense of deep silent awareness observing me back.

The phenomena seems both modular and multi level/resolution. I look at a single leaf and the leaf is "aware"; I look at the branch and as just that branch it is aware; I can consider the tree and it "returns" (no time delay, in the NOW) a faint gaze as a whole tree.

The whole thing is funny. It is one thing to get some sort of "feedback" from a real palpable thing like a speck of hair in the bathtub, but the thing extends even to feedback from a picture item (a corn stalk) in a painting hanging on the kitchen wall.

Also when quietly observed, "awareness feedbacks" from people is just that, awareness, with no "deep content", like a roomful of empty images busily floating about.

What is going on here? Is everything aware, silently communing in some shared awareness?

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  05:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to a sensation of Oneness.

It is always itself watching itself.

Even the air is aware.

There is no separation. Separation is illusion.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  7:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glagbo,
That is surely an illuminating experience. Emc seems to have hit the nail: it sounds like an experience of oneness. I'd reckon you're going through an opening of sorts. Stay with it, see what it tells you, and enjoy. And don't have any expectations of it, including its staying for good.
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  12:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC and Sadhak:

Thank you for the confirmation and encouragements, and for putting things into perspective.

Yes, I am going through some "opening". Recently, I had a sudden, shocking breakup of a long-term live-in relationship. After the frustration of an unsuccessful attempt at reconciliation, I am now more and more into the "letting go phase". These days I look forward to the three days I spend each week with our five-year-old daughter. We have a blast together. I took a hint from Yogani about Devoted Service to Family (it is not too late). I am rediscovering her and the joy of giving, all over anew.

Yes, there seems to be some heart opening of sort. The loop back awareness experience was a little more tangible during and right after my daughter's last visit.

Sadhak:
quote:
And don't have any expectations of it, including its staying for good.
I hear you. It is a very humbling experience; to even have a fleeting glimpse on how arrogantly ignorant the whole perspective has been so far. This kind of "preview of coming attractions" will at least confirm my commitment to the practices for the long, long term.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  04:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glagbo,

You seem to be doing pretty fine. It is normal for most of us, however long we've been practising, to get attached to exceptional experiences when we are going through them. A little reminder from fellow travellers brings us back to what is. I'm sure you'll be reminding someone too... could be me!
Go to Top of Page

BluesFan

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  5:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit BluesFan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Glagbo,

I've had similar experiences but only with plants, grass, trees, etc...especially trees. It only happens at certain times and when I'm in a certain state of mind but there are times when I'm walking my dog and the trees and plants seem to be alive and aware of me. I feel that they are observing and acknowledging my presence. It is really an amazing feeling and like many of these kinds of things, difficult to describe. I know it sounds corny but they seem very friendly to me, almost as if they are smiling warmly as I walk by.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  09:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And it differs according to your personality and life experiences. i see inanimate objects as aliens in somewhat the same shape, and feel an alien is watching me. Then I look directly at it, and it changes back to the inanimate object.
Go to Top of Page

panther

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  09:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit panther's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awareness is aware that it is aware lol
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000