Kundalini Overload: Grounding/Front Channel Block
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2008 :  11:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Note, Scott, that you can edit that out of your post by hitting the little icon with the pencil (apologies if that's a "duh" for you).
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  10:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

quote:
Originally posted by Tibetan_Ice

[Hi Amaargi
Did you know that you have reflexology pressure points in the center of your big toes that correspond to the pineal and pituitary glands? Sound to me like your crown and brow chakras are open. How do your thumbs feel?

Have you tried the MicroCosmic Orbit?
In that document there are instructions to connect the feet to the earth and then draw up energy from the earth to add to your rotation of the fire which is probably not what you want to do.

The MC Orbit contains a method to store the excess energy back to your lower tan tien. It is performed at the end of the orbit. I'm thinking that this is an alternate to grounding; instead of sending excess energy to the earth, store it instead for future use. :)
Keep in mind that you can also close chakras by moving your hands over them counterclockwise. You can also close a chakra by tensing the corresponding body area.
You can also buy a chunk of black tourmaline or smokey quartz and hold it for a while to ground yourself. Keep it in your pocket during the day and rinse it off for 2 minutes under running water every day. That will help ground you.

But mostly, I think the MicroCosmic Orbit would help establish the correct direction of flow for the energies. I suggest trying it a few times to see if it helps.

TI

My thumbs feel sore and feel like they stick out unaturally, though they don't look unatural...just how they feel to me. I presume this relates to the crown and brow chakras which are open.

I have managed to keep the crown closed up, but not completly closed - enough not to cause me too many problems.

The brow point I allow to happen naturally as Yogani recommends. I can't deeply meditate but often sit with a rested mind and when this happens I find my eyes drift up this way without me realising it. I often see flashes of light when this happens so I just relax and let it flow. I always feel reassured and safe when this happens and I also notice things in the world around me now are looking more fuller, more 'substance' to it..colours are beautiful and brighter - I presume this is a natual part of the process.

I did try the MC Orbit a couple of years ago but only did it twice. I didn't notice any results but this is most probably because I didn't do it long enough. I decided to stop because:
1) I don't want to do anything that involves moving energy up the legs when I'm trying to calm them down.
2) I didn't want to do anything involving the crown chakra as it has caused me a lot of problems.
3) I don't want to mix two different practices and prefer to stay with AYP as it has helped me the most.

Storing energy in the chakra may help - it's confusing for me all these different methods and I think it's best to stay with one teaching - I'll read the article through and consider it - mainly I'm worried as I have an excess of energy and trying to store it may make it worse. Sending excess to the earth by gardening, bathing, swimming etc has helped me more.

It's interesting what you say about closing chakras - because I intuitivly started moving my hands over the chakras in an anti-clockwise movement and felt them closing. I have also tensed and pushed inwards sometimes when I need to think clearly and this helped also.

Closing the chakras have worked....but only for a short time and then they're off again *sigh*

I've always kept a note on what fires them off and avoid repeating it yet like many with kundalini it's a very individual thing. Just yesterday a lay in the back garden in nature which has always brought me peace....this time it heated me up again. I think it's just one big cosmic joke...lol..

What I do now is to rest and ground the best way I can and hopefully allow the energies to settle into their own natural pattern. My intuition tells me the body has it's own wisdom, especially in self healing, so I'm just going to try 'allowing' and see what happens.

Thanks very much for your advice, especially the black tourmaline and smokey quartz...very helpful.

kindest regards
Amaargi
(thanks Shanti about the editing *s*)

Edited by - Amaargi on Mar 06 2008 11:25:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  10:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

You're trying to intentionally do lots of specific things. I'd suggest that this approach can lead to the problems you've described. Spiritual work is about letting go, and letting a greater intelligence do its work on you. The less we actually "do", the better. And you're doing a ton. I get the impression from your posting that so many mental concepts and energetic actions may have gotten you into trouble...and you're hoping yet more concepts and actions will solve the problems.

In any case, I wish you the very best!

You appeared to misunderstand, what I described to you was what I did many years ago which caused my problems. I don't 'do' anything now except grounding and resting. I did dilate my throat and push the energy down as you described and thats what I wrote and thanked you for...good advice:)

On one hand I agree there is a greater intelligence overall and 'allowing' is important in spirituality. I also follow Yogani's advice that with an unruly kundalini, Shakti can shoot through the nervous system looking for Shiva and wreaks havoc in the process - this has been what has happened to me.

So...though I 'allow' on the most part, I also ground, balance my life and also do what I can to safely bring Shiva and Shakti together in a balanced way.

From time to time I ask advice from you, or others to understand the process - mainly because I don't know of others who have experienced what I have. There is more that has happened to me but it would take many pages to write it all down...my path has been very eclectic...heh...

Thanks for your advice ....

kindest regards
Amaargi

Edited by - Amaargi on Mar 06 2008 11:14:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  10:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Amaargi

If you have trouble understanding who said what let me know and I'll edit them and repost.

Hi Amaargi, you can edit your own post. Just click on the paper/pencil icon on top of your post and cut and paste your reply part of the post after the (/quote).

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 06 2008 11:02:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2008 :  12:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amaargi, thanks for clarifying. Your posting didn't explain physical problems you were experiencing, just a series of very complex maneuvers you seem to be trying to execute. Maybe I'd understand better if I understood what led you to work on those complex maneuvers. it sounds from your original posting like you're trying to do a lot more than just ground, but maybe I'm missing it.
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  02:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Amaargi, thanks for clarifying. Your posting didn't explain physical problems you were experiencing, just a series of very complex maneuvers you seem to be trying to execute. Maybe I'd understand better if I understood what led you to work on those complex maneuvers. it sounds from your original posting like you're trying to do a lot more than just ground, but maybe I'm missing it.

Sorry if it sounded complex - I was trying to describe years of meditation and visualisation techniques I've used in a couple of paragraphs.

I've basically done what most western 'new agers' do when starting and that is meditate on the chakras on the front of the body, use sound therapy on the chakras, visualise the white light coming down in to the crown then down into the earth, earth energy coming up through the feet, spinning the chakras to open them breathing the positive light in and then breathing the negative out etc etc...

I meditated, visualised and used affirmations sometimes for hours on end, day after day over many years - this resulted in the opening of the chakras, particularly the crown and eventually the kundalini. The kundalini didn't shoot up my spine but more like the sexual energy just exploded in me and I felt the heat burning me up...I thought I was going to die.

The information I needed at that time wasn't available, I only stumbled across the word 'kundalini' on the web one day, realised it was similar to what I was experiencing and did a search - before Google was invented heh...

Nothing came up except one page channelled by an Ascended Master - so this shows you how long ago it was

Gradually information and people started to surface, but I found they were mainly Western healers who didn't really understand what to do and I found they just made my situation worse.

Any Hindu or Tantric person I found didn't believe me as they view kundalini as a special sacred event that wouldn't happen to a common westerner like me....

Anyway...trying to keep this post short - It was finding Yogani and his information that finally I could make sense of it all. Before this I was 'just going with the flow' as many other kundalini sites recommended but I found this became dangerous and also made my health worse. I've found grounding and breathing techniques can help manage it better than going with the flow - 'allowing' helps also at times - its a fine balancing act.

A symptom I have that no one else mentions - or maybe others haven't recognised it, is that when a blockage is cleared it not only clears through my conscious mind so that I re-experience fears, emotional pain etc, it also manifests in my reality which is very disrupting to my life.

Example: A fear of the landlord surfaced and within 2 weeks I was evicted. A belief in lack of money and 'life is hard' cleared and circumstances arose where my bank account was emptied and I lost my job.

This is why people who meditate and affirm positive events for themselves believe they can attract prosperity, new cars, loving relationships etc don't realise that negative thought patterns will also manifest as well. And what many don't realise that buried deep deep in the subconscious is many negative thought patterns instilled from childhood, religious teachings, broken relationships etc.

So I'm sure you understand why now I do nothing except grounding and light mindedness or meditation when I can. The mayhem and stress caused by kundalini clearing is what has caused the bad health mainly.

I've found focusing in the moment is very good to stop my energies scattering everywhere.

When I get everything stable I can sit and 'do' a few minutes of spinal breathing with the I Am mantra, and then deeply meditate after that.

This has brought me the most peace, happiness and relaxation that I have had for a long time - and it doesn't attract the manifestations as much that happen when I work on the front of the body - which I don't do any more.

I may be mistaken, but your recommendation that the front channel should be cleared before starting on the kundalini up the spine may lead to problems such as I've had. Having experienced it both ways I would only recommend AYP method. Blockages will clear in the spinal breathing and also clear from the deep subconscious with deep meditation - so there is no need to worry about what is blocked on front meridians etc.

I may be wrong, I haven't studied as you and Yogani have, all I know is what I've exprienced and how it has affected my clearing and life.

I don't post often as I find it's better to keep away from spiritual issues and immerse myself in third dimensional life It's just sometimes I'll read the posts and will come across information that I find may be beneficial - so your post on dilating the throat and sending energy down the throat was timely as I had been expriencing the symptoms you describe, lower jaw pain, thyroid dysfunction, night sweats etc.

It was because of your knowledge of sending the energy down that I thought you may have further information on channels in the legs and chakras in the feet - problems I have most of all in keeping the energy settled and I think it may be a common problem some kundalini people experience as 'restless leg syndrome' tho this could be a vitamin deficiency as well.

I hope this hasn't sounded too complex...heh...it maybe my style of writing that is making it sound complicated - I mainly try to keep everything in the KISS method but sometimes kundalini can really fog the mind...

BTW if I don't reply for awhile it's because I needed to withdraw from the forum - if I stay here too long discussing spiritual matters and kundalini it just fires everythng up...I'll catch up again when I feel stable.

Amaargi

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  11:05:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Amaargi

Example: A fear of the landlord surfaced and within 2 weeks I was evicted. A belief in lack of money and 'life is hard' cleared and circumstances arose where my bank account was emptied and I lost my job.

This is why people who meditate and affirm positive events for themselves believe they can attract prosperity, new cars, loving relationships etc don't realise that negative thought patterns will also manifest as well. And what many don't realise that buried deep deep in the subconscious is many negative thought patterns instilled from childhood, religious teachings, broken relationships etc.

Hi Amaargi:

Good to see you again.

You might consider adding a light routine of samyama right after deep meditation, as this gradually moves the cause and effect of our desires and fears beyond the karmic mechanisms in the subconscious mind. The effect will shift to be coming from within our inner silence instead. Then those negative subconscious backlashes will become much less. It will not happen overnight, but it will happen gradually as we practice samyama as part of our balanced daily routine.

By "light routine" I mean one repetition of the sutras in lesson 150. If that goes well after a few months, then you might consider going to two repetitions. Later on, you may also consider adding cosmic samyama (from the AYP Samyama book) while lying down for rest after core samyama practice. Between these two samyama routines, negative subconscious mechanisms can be neutralized in an accelerated fashion, and we will no longer be subject to negative backlashes from our own thoughts. More than that -- we find ourselves becoming an ever-expanding channel of divine love and positive influence radiating from inner silence wherever we go. Abiding inner silence is the prerequisite for all this, so daily deep meditation continues to be the core practice.

And, of course, if there is any difficulty with samyama or any other practice, we self-pace accordingly. Any changes in our practice routine we do in baby steps, allowing plenty of time for the effects to become known before adding anything else new.

Wishing you all the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Amaargi

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2008 :  6:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Amaargi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

quote:
Originally posted by yogani
Hi Amaargi:

Good to see you again.

You might consider adding a light routine of samyama right after deep meditation, as this gradually moves the cause and effect of our desires and fears beyond the karmic mechanisms in the subconscious mind. The effect will shift to be coming from within our inner silence instead. Then those negative subconscious backlashes will become much less. It will not happen overnight, but it will happen gradually as we practice samyama as part of our balanced daily routine.

By "light routine" I mean one repetition of the sutras in lesson 150.

I don't know if it's karma, destiny, my blinkers or just my dumbness that stops me from seeing the obvious

I re-read lesson 150 as you suggested and had one of those gobsmacked moments when I realised the answer was there in front of me all the time. I have also bought your AYP book and have read it through so many times and yet didn't see the information about manifesting from our deepest subconscious....duh!

I've realised I have started my own Samyama in a form when I said I sit with a light mind - I sit focusing on peace, joy, abundance, health etc with the feelings that are associated with it. Now with your information I can refine it and put it into practice correctly.

I tend to write a bit with the smilies and some lightheartedness but this has become a serious issue for me. In the last 18 months I have been 'moved on' from residence to residence six times. This included a stint in hospital totally run down and various times on family and friends sofa's and temporarily in a spare bedroom when I could.

As for money and hardship...well...I'm not going to even bother describing that one.

It really has shown me the workings of a what I call the 'mechanical Universe' it's very automatic and precise - we just need to get it working in our favour - thats the secret

Thanks again for heading me in the right direction....

"when the student is ready......."

Namaste

Amaargi

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  10:32:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, after a series of opening experiences over the past year that made me feel I'd finally grounded, but which merely improved rather than eliminated my symptoms, I can finally definitively say that I'm fully GROUNDED.

It's hard with any yogic opening to say whether you've opened "all the way". There's "open" and there's "really open"! A thoroughly blocked pipe might seem quite dramatically open if you make a mere pinhole in the gunk. It's all relative!

Finally, it feels like there's a clear, open pipe going down from ajna to mulha to match the previously cleared upward channel (and, as with the upward direction, there's often a feeling of no distance at all...that ajna IS mulha). Up and down pranayama are precisely balanced. My abdomen and digestive system feel truly a part of my body for the first time ever...like I "own" them. I no longer feel my attention directed to my back and spine, as if that's where all the divine stuff's going on.

And.......my rather gristly kundalini rash/eczema has vanished. Packed up and went home. I can pretty much bathe in full-out kundalini waves during samyama without ill effect. And I look a little different. And I'm experiencing very different reactions from people (see here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3483 ). And I'm starting to lose the 15 pounds which no amount of diet and exercise could reduce.

I have to confess that it's not been entirely pleasant. The areas in which we're closed are closed because we are, with all our might, recoiling against opening. As with all our stress, it's all self-inflicted, however we may feel a victim of circumstance! You've heard the phrase "rubbed the wrong way"? Well, this is definitely that. I closed down in these places because, for whatever reason, I didn't WANT consciousness there. So it's a little jarring to have the shades raised and light suddenly pouring in (like an over-exuberant friend boisterously trying to get me out of bed when I'm still really sleepy!). Plus, there's danger of a whiplash effec. I must open myself even to my own innate aversion, because if I recoil from my body's recoiling, I'll have created new blocks! But it's not torture...not painful, just a little creepy (again, "rubbed the wrong way" is the phrase that comes to mind). There are definitely some temporary purification symptoms, but it's a small price to pay.

Again, here's what worked (to review the advice I've given in this thread): deconstricting the throat, taking chinese herbs (months of them), lower abdomen ("Dan-Tian") breathing (not as a serious/formal "practice", but just something I would do sporadically throughout the day) plus lots of engagement with the world plus physical exercise. None of that's real "spiritual". Hey, that's why we call it GROUNDING!

Also: when I got good and natural at lower abdomen breathing, I switched to Huiyin Breathing (mulha/root breathing) which completed the circuit. For very good info on that one, see the "Taking Dan-Tian Breathing a Step Further" chapter in this PDF: http://www.wishus.org/newsletter/072006.pdf . If I feel energy pooling in the head - or anywhere else, I do a couple lower abdomen or huiyin breaths, and it all flows luxuriously. Great tool to have handy.

A few times yesterday, I did a really profound exhalation and felt all the power of the universe gracefully flow down the front of my body, cleanly and smoothly to mulha. My reaction was "What the HELL was that?" because it was so unfamiliar...sort of like noticing that you're reaching for an object with a limb you didn't know you had! I'd felt that sort of power moving up my spine for years. Such was my block that I couldn't even imagine such flow happening down the front. I'm not sure I even HAD a front (sort of how, a few years ago upon kundalini opening, I'd have said that I previously didn't have a back).

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 17 2008 11:48:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  11:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim and his good karma,

Congrats on your breakthrough!!

Your pal,
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  12:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, wonderful to hear about your experiences, Jim! Brings some resonance here! Particularly the abdomen breathing going to root breathing! I think that's the "expansion" I now have started to let myself do instead of holding it like a pressure cooker inside! Works fine so far! Thanks for all your wisdom you share here!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  1:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I need to add that the lower abdomen and root breathing (mentioned in my previous posting) works like a charm for the heart palpitation symptom that comes with heart opening. That's about over energization in the heart, and these breathing techniques pull energy down from head, heart, whatever. Do read that PDF, it's a good one. And refer back to my previous postings on lower abdomen breathing in this thread.

Finally, for the jilionth time, please please take this to heart: all of this stuff is ONLY for people with severe grounding problems - people who've tried the time-honored yoga remedies (walking a lot, eating heavy, engaging more in daily life, self-pacing your practices, observing pitta-reducing diet). The stuff I'm talking about here is very much "under-the-hood" work, and that's definitely NOT the best way to go about yoga practice. I had an extraordinarily tenacious block that was affecting my life, health, and practice in really scary ways. I therefore was forced to resort to extraordinary means. This is not stuff to fool around with for fun or for handling minor issues!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 17 2008 1:44:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  11:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,
First, congratulations on your clearing!

Second, thanks for sharing. I appreciate reading about your progress.

Third, have you ever sat in a full lotus? The reason I ask is because somebody on another forum has put a lot of emphasis on sitting in the full lotus position. He claims that it opens the vagus nerves' pathways, which is the front channel.

Yesterday I did a 1/2 hour meditation in the full lotus posture and immediately, yes, the front channel opened up. (1/2 an hour was all I could take, the pain is somewhat of a challenge).

So now I'm thinking that the reason why yogis don't do the mc orbit is because they do the lotus posture (padmasana) and that takes care of it.
Hence, my question about whether or not you have ever done the full lotus posture..

Thanks.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2110 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  09:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do full lotus as part of my asana practice, but not for meditation. FWIW, mantak chia insists that cross-legged sitting positions (including lotus) are a primary reason yogis often have trouble grounding. As you may know, the taoist practices are done with feet firmly planted on floor. And there's definitely something to that. Yogis have long understood the dilemma, which is why long walks are their time-honored grounding solution. Taoists build that element fundamentally into every practice.

I'm resisting thinking of this as "completing the mc (microcosmic) orbit" because my practice is yoga, not Taoism. I think the Taoists, as usual, have nailed the under-the-hood landscape. But along with nailing the landscape comes a culture of mental and physical striving that is at odds with yoga (which is about letting rather than striving). Now that things are flowing a bit, I find it easy (and conducive) to slip back into a more yogic perspective. I'm not an energetic loop, I'm untold millions of nadis, and mantra will eventually get to all of them. I "cheated" a bit because of an uncommon problem particular to my particular plumbing, and borrowed some techniques to clear up certain pathways (wherever the heck they are, whatever the heck they're called) that critically needed attention. Things are flowing a bit better now, though there are still plenty of dead places that need to open to divine love. I'm not gonna catalog them and learn various voodoo moves to "make that happen". I'll just let the Cosmic Barber cut my hair.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 22 2008 09:18:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  08:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am glad to have found this site. Since reading this, I have started taking long walks. I have been having a lot of body fluttering, particularly at night, in my heart and pelvic area, some intermittent pressure in the area between my eye brows, and some facial flushing a few times a week. The heat moves up quickly and my face gets red. Also had some gastrointestinal problems, again, not all the time. I have changed my diet to a pitta-pacifying diet (and not vata provoking) as suggested by an Ayurvedic practitioner. I also have cut way back on spiritual practices doing only gentle and grounding yoga and breathing practice to relax. All of this has freaked me out and I'm trying to find ways to balance myself. I also am going to my doctor to make sure I don't have some weird illness although when I had a full check-up four months ago all my blood work was normal. I can't imagine an illness that creates all this fluttering that moves around quite a bit! Any thought in terms of practices, etc. would be GREATLY appreciated. Your suggestion to get out with people was good although its been hard for me to want to be around people.
Namaste,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  11:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jan, and very welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you have an awakening of energies going on there! That is a good sign, but they can get too "liveful" sometimes! Your actions towards self-pacing sounds great!

I must ask... are you following the AYP system of deep meditation and pranayama? Otherwise that could be a very good start to check out the Main lessons here.

You write "grounding yoga and breathing practices"... in my experience both asanas and breathing practices may boost energies. The pranayama spinal breathing we use here at AYP, though, may also have a very nice balancing effect. I came here to the forum with overload awakening kundalini, and the spinal breathing calmed the whole thing down very quickly! I didn't wait to do months of meditation first as suggested in the lessons - I took on the spinal breathing directly because of the great need and it worked great!

Please tell more about your practices, that may give us some hints for further recommendations.
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  1:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been practicing Iyengar-style yoga for about 18 years and about 10 years ago had a kundalini episode, then last year developed a full blown release. I am not doing AYP but have been looking at the lessons. Have been confused about practices taking meditation classes focused on heart space, continued doing some yoga, then quit entirely both but have been occasionally doing some intermittent standing poses but this too has activated things. Hip openers in general tend to arouse energy. I did try the spinal breathing this morning. I was a little confused about the directions. The first inhale through the tube after relaxed breathing goes up to the crown and around to the forhead (ajna chakra) and down to the perineim and then up to the ajna area through the tube and exhaling down to the perineum for about 5 minutes. Its encouraging that your energies have calmed down and I appreciate your sharing about it. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have started walking.
Namaste,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 13 2008 :  4:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Every new practice may be a bit clunky at the beginning. It will settle in soon. Just be careful not to direct the energy up to the crown in any conscious or deliberate way during spinal breathing. It is supposed to follow the spinal nerve from perineum to ajna, and out through the ajna, but not upwards to the crown. The ajna is the "controller" of it all, and a crown opening does not sound like what you need at the moment!

Have you checked out the YOGA FAQ and all the links in those topics? For example

Excess kundalini
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2146

Grounding
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2165

Self-pacing
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2139
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  5:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Emc for the links. I have been walking everyday and decided to forgo yoga until I feel less strung out. its better, The weekend was great but yesterday I was up all night with heart and throat fluttering. Anybody have anxiety/fear associated with this? Blessings, Jan
Go to Top of Page

Adam_West

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  9:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Adam_West's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What a most interesting contribution Jim! very informative.
Go to Top of Page

CRS

Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  07:59:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit CRS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A most interesting discussion!

I've just recently begun meditating after having my interest aroused by some kundalini symptoms that emerged after an illness.

All I do for the time being is pranayama followed by meditation around the I AM mantra. Nothing fancy. But it seems to be working quite well for me.

No explosive, ecstatic kundalini awakenings for me yet. I still don;t know what this sort of ecstasy that people describe feels like, but all in due time . . . ;)
Go to Top of Page

yogi_x

United Arab Emirates
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  1:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogi_x's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jim and everyone else,

Thanks for your post Jim. I have been experiencing the front energy block for a long time now and it has been driving me crazy.

I realized that effort was useless, that the direction of energy flow here was some sort of effortlessness--it has been very perplexing.

In the last year of my experiences with energy, I have been feeling what I would call a phallic rush of sorts, and it was positive most times, but the past few months it seems like this energy wants to take a different direction from my head downwards, yet I cannot point it downwards. It has a direction of its own and *I* happen to prevent its movement.

Now my head at times feels completely misaligned with my body, I feel very spacey and ungrounded, and my eyes get blurry sometimes, like they are tired of seeing, and just want to close and rest. My face and head feel like they want to connect with the rest of the body and like I have been holding up my head to sort of hold up ideas of myself and the surroundings that must give way to some natural way. It tells me that the head is not any more important than any other part of my body, that it must become unimportant, but along the way it seems, there lies a lot of pain to uncover, and it feels scary.

My jaws seem to come in the way of this energy and they seem to be frozen in a sort of opposite of the smiling posture, sometimes my face takes very unusual contortions and my TMJ aches. I am at times horrified at what I may have to go through until this passes and when.

My experiences with K have been a roller-coaster ride of ups and downs. I have felt a lot of insights that I can call mind-body altering and during the ups there is a feeling of euphoria and of new ideas that is simply beyond words, but during times such as the past few months, I really feel like having a normal life without the ups or downs may have been a better deal.

But, there is no returning from here.....I know...
Go to Top of Page

ddingal

India
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  12:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also suffering from kundalini problem, i couldnot breath through my right nostril, always my breathing is through left nostril.
I feel my breathing in right side restricted from getting downward.

Reagrds
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2013 :  12:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you ever tried using a neti pot? This has worked wonders for me to clear obstruction in the nasal cavities.
Go to Top of Page

satish77

India
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2013 :  12:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi friends,
I am a new member and recently started doing meditation.
The problem is that my digestion has gone down very much suddenly.

Will throat dilation help me?
I did not understand how to do throat dilation.Please explain how you do it.
Also should I avoid studying because it will direct energy toward my head?
Please help, its been 2 days and I haven't got good bowels.
Satish
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000