Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Spinal flex; Cross-legged, or chair; Other effect?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marcus1968

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  07:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Due to sensitive knees, I now consider -with Spinal Flex (*)- to stop sitting cross-legged. I'm experimenting now, by using a chair for now. But my first impression is that the effect of feeling kundalini energy flowing seems to be less. But maybe that's because it feels 'new'.

Can anyone say more about this; Is sitting on a chair less effective than sitting cross-legged?

On a chair I do the spinal flex like this lady:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czz5u1I77Ns

(*) And Spinal Twist / Sufi Circles (Smell The Lotus) / Rock The Pelvis.

Already thanks for the answers.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  1:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Marcus1968
No problem in sitting on a chair, nothing more or less effective with Kundalini, just be comfortable.
as for the video, well it does not really apply cause ayp no flexing of spine is done, unless your practices are from a different system?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2020 :  8:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can easily sit in half lotus on a folded blanket to elevate my hips, but in my meditation space I sit in thunderbolt, astride a large bolster (as if riding on a saddle) and use a perineum ball. This has proven quite stable, keeping me upright with no pressure on my legs or knees.
Go to Top of Page

Marcus1968

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  06:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good info!

@maheswari: I already feel more confident in the spinal flex from the seat.

But what I don't understand yet: I also learned to do the spinal flex with crossed legs, where my fingers touch the front shin. Surely that is not without reason?
But sitting on a chair they touch my knees / thighs; Those are other energy points... aren't they?
But perhaps this is matter to which only the ancient Sanskrit Vedas have an answer?

Anyway; It also works from a chair.

@Dogboy: I went to try that. But for me personally, the chair posture still feels more comfortable.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2020 :  09:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I can assure you that there is no need to think about energy points nor the Vedas...there are no reasons,just be comfortable in whatever seat or chair so that you enjoy your practice
if we have to follow the ancient systems by the book then we have to dig a tiger skin to sit on These are only unnecessary details
Good luck
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000