Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Involuntary muscle movement at the back of head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  03:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,does anyone experience this when doing meditation? It has lasted for about a week. Like your eyebrows are connected to your ear lobes. Is this a sign to slow down or it is a good sign ? Even when I am not meditating,if i raise my eyebrows, my ear lobes will also tingle

Thanks and Have a nice day

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  10:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's good! Conductivity! No need to pay much attention to it, though. Think of it as a construction crew hired by someone else, and they're just doing their job as you go about your day.Let them do it, and continue the practice the same way you've been doing it.
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  1:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One time, someone was messaging my shoulders and it raised my chi up. As they were messaging my upper neck/back of head, the chi flow caused a flurry of spasms. The person was like, "what was that?"

You will most likely begin feeling similar spasms all throughout your head, from time to time. They might not make sense at first, but soon they'll be perceived in the context of a full body mudra, or full body breath.

I've wondered in the past if the flexing of these muscles in the back of the head has its own name? What I mean is, is it recognized as a mudra? Or is it included as part of sambhavi?

It's an interesting sign post, as the conductivity can be observed by one's self externally or by another observer. I agree with Jim, though, don't pay too much thought.

Edited by - Kyman on Dec 17 2007 1:48:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2007 :  10:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kyman, as you say, in the end it's "full-body mudra" anyway. That phrase got me to stop wondering about the specificness of any given action. As the fragmentary mudras start aggregating, it's clear that sambhavi and all the others are intrinsically connected, so I'm not sure any given action/effect can be said to be "part of" any given mudra, if that makes sense said that way.

zzzMonster, forgot to say that there are similar discussions here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3188
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3225
Go to Top of Page

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  05:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jim and Kyman

Have a nice day
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  3:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"That phrase got me to stop wondering about the specificness of any given action."

Agreed. And that is how I have been able to make the most sense out of things, seeing how all of our 'pieces' converge and work together. This is the most true with the concept of god as no-thing, it truly makes things simple. This may not satisfy the mind at first, which is understanding through the pieces, but it always comes back to these comprehensive viewpoints. There is some tipping point in the path of our practices where we have experienced the pieces enough that the continuum becomes very clear and we surrender to its simplicity.

zzz,

You, too. Thanks.

Edited by - Kyman on Dec 18 2007 3:40:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000