AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Reply Topic - Kundalini Intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2005 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All members are encouraged to create new and original topics in the AYP forums. There is no limit on the number of topics that can be put here.

It has been decided to keep the forum introductory posts by Yogani locked and without replies so they can continue to serve as a simple entry point to the AYP forums for all who visit.

In order to accommodate those who would like to reply to Yogani's introductions, they have been copied in unlocked topics (like this one) that can be replied to and will "float" up and down the list with all the other topics.

Here is the introduction to this forum, available for replies:

yogani
USA
49 Posts
Posted - Jul 13 2005 : 08:50:30 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two ingredients in the enlightenment equation -- the rise of inner silence and the rise of ecstatic conductivity.

While inner silence cultivated in deep meditation is the foundation of all progress in yoga, the occurrence of ecstatic conductivity gets much of the press. That is because it is immediately noticeable to the inner senses and can be dramatic, especially if it is prematurely awakened or spontaneously occurring in the nervous system due to past practices engaged in, even before this lifetime. When in its dramatic form, the movement of inner energy is often called "kundalini." But kundalini is a term that applies to all phases of energy awakening, and even to unawakened energy residing in our sexual biology in the pelvic region. AYP Lesson #54 discusses the sexual origins of kundalini, here http://www.aypsite.org/54.html

In AYP we engage in practices that gradually awaken our inner energies in a balanced way. The main practices for this are pranayama, mudras, bandhas and certain asanas. Tantric sexual practices play an important role in the awakening of the inner energies as well. Meditation and samyama stimulate the awakening at very refined levels in the nervous system (the level of pure bliss consciousness), which is essential for the enlightenment connection to occur. The natural outcome of all this is a gradual awakening of an abiding inner ecstasy throughout the nervous system -- and we call that "ecstatic conductivity." The blending of this with our rising inner silence gives rise to the alchemy of enlightenment. The end result is a combined state of unshakable inner silence, ecstatic bliss and outpouring divine love.

There are other kinds of inner energy awakenings that fall outside what we would call an orderly progression. The fundamental causes of these have not been in the AYP style of practices, but have originated in past practices and tendencies some people have been born with. Quite a few have come to AYP with kundalini symptoms of the more extreme variety already in full flame, with an array of dramatic symptoms -- some not very pleasant. For that reason Lesson #69 is included in AYP, which deals with kundalini symptoms and remedies. See http://www.aypsite.org/69.html
Along with a good grounding in AYP-style "self-pacing," Lesson #69 also comes in handy if things go a little out of kilter due to overdoing in AYP practices.

This forum is for discussing energy experiences that can be classified as "kundalini." The initial intention here is not to set up a "kundalini clinic," though that will be up to the participants. While many teachings avoid kundalini difficulties like the plague (too much controversy), that is not the approach here. If something in our experience needs addressing, we should address it as best we can. This is not a guarantee that all energy difficulties can be solved here. In some cases, seeking professional medical help will be the best course to take. But, as a minimum, there is the opportunity here to find good listeners and others who are having similar experiences, along with basic measures for dealing with energy imbalances. It is the least we can do.

There are quite a few kundalini Q&As in the AYP lessons. You can find direct links to them by looking up "kundalini" in the topic index at http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

The challenge of dealing with severe kundalini excesses due to wrong sequencing of practices is covered in the Secrets of Wilder novel. See http://www.aypsite.org/books.html
In that case it was the late discovery of spinal breathing pranayama, which is one of the best practices for cultivating and balancing the inner energies.

The guru is in you.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 19 2005 11:43:29 AM

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2005 :  3:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to share some ecstatic conductivity experiences. I have to be at work at 6:00 AM. I get up at 3:30, brush my teeth and hair etc.. then take approximately 1 hour of my morning for sadhana. This usually incorporates some stretching (maybe maha-mudra), spinal breathing, chin pumps, bastrika, meditation then yoni mudra. I am just starting to try out samyama. For quite some time now the ecstatic conductivity begins in the early morning hours and awakens me in time for sadhana. I can't remember the last time that I even set my alarm clock. It is quite pleasureable, like a gentle full body cleansing. Sometimes on the weekend I just lay there and enjoy this and get up a little bit later for sadhana.

I have noticed that chin pumps and bastrika tend to really activate ecstatic conductivity within me. By the time that I move on to the mantra, I have a nice steady stream of energy flowing within. This of course did not happen all at once overnight. But began very faintly almost undetectable at first. I even notice the subtle energy throughout the day if I take the time to notice what is going on within.
With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  09:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Paul.

Very nice progress with kundalini in the gentle, progressive ways AYP is designed to cultivate. John Wilder could have used your help in the chaotic early stages of his transformation!

The guru is in you.

Yogani
Go to Top of Page

lucidinterval1

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2005 :  9:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani for the encouragement. Things didn't always go as smoothly. About 6 months ago I had a two day episode of a traveling rash. It would itch like the dickens and then about 1/2 hour later it would move to a different part of my body. As I stated, this kept going on for a couple of days. It should have drove me insane but I kinda figured out what was going on and just backed off a bit.

Twice, after extended love-making with my wife (and spilling the seed) I was awakened later that night with a tremendous kundalini surge that went up the spine and out of my crown. The energy was all encompassing and all that I could do was relax and let it flow through me. It was probably some imbalance of some kind. (But kinda fun?)

Anyway, I thought that I would post this for reference. In case someone goes through something similar.

With Peace,
Paul
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  03:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shiva!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000