Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Gap in spinal flow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  11:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
A lady in our AYP group is getting good results from pranayama.

However, she feels the energy strongly up as far as the waist, it then disappears and as she traces up the spine it comes back again strongly at the throat and up to the brow. She experiences burning sensations at the brow.

I thought it was a bit peculiar that it would be so strong on either side of, what appears to be a block or blocks.

I suggested she just continue as she is and it should eventually clear.
Is there anything else I could suggest?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  12:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I think we all experience these blockages from time to time. The best way seems to be to ignore them and just carry on and in time they will clear. Alternatively she could try Targeted bastrika see this lesson.

http://www.aypsite.org/198.html

This is a very powerful practice though and should be used with caution sometimes it can make things worse accentuating the blockage.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard
Well she is new to AYP, although she has a lot of experience with other stuff.
She is feeling it so powerfully in the head, with beautiful feelings of happiness (her words) that I would be cautious about suggesting Targeted Bastrika, in case of overload.

I was thinking more along the line of Asanas, I suppose anything that loosens up the spine in that region.

Thanks for the suggestion
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  5:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Asana's definitely help even the abbreviated short version of the 14 basic postures Yogani gives in his book can have remarkable results
Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  04:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mmm well i did have blocks in the middle of my spine , and i noticed my spinal breathing, the pressure didt really go threw their, it did, but i didnt "feel" it as well, but as sooon as i felt the numb spots things would open and release.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000