Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Help!..I feel 'so' cold during pranayama practice.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GardenBliss

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  07:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit GardenBliss's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am Reading through the "Lessons" ...(from the very beging)...
I have come up with a question on Spinal breathing / pranayama....

A little of my backgrownd:
So far I'm used to meditation... I'm used to visualizasion too, as I'm a student of 'Reiki' attuned to 'Reiki first degree' I do self healing and meditation every day, and I'm used to feeling the Reiki Energy that usually manifests its self as a wonderful glowing-gently-heat.
All the above helps me with meditation whilst listening to 'Yoga' music (real lovely experience, I find.)

However, when I come to practice 'Spinal breathing'I find a tinggly sensation from mid-spine down to the 'Base Chakra'which is fine and I do enjoy; but I now find that during 'pranayama' practice I go cold , physically cold, even though the room temperature is up to a comfortable level. this is so uncomfortable that I have taken to do this practice by laying flat and with the spine perfectly alingned just so I can use a soft-warm cover over me; still this does not help and I find impossible to go on to meditation as I'm so cold.
Where am I going wrong?
I come out of 'pranayama' and as I become awere of my sorroundings I craddle a warm hot water bottle and even this would not help for quite some time... Am I 'not Normal' ?... What am I doing so wrong?... I don't want to continue reading and on to next level until I get this understood.
Please , Help me if you can!
Namaste.

GardenBliss.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  08:07:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum GardenBliss.

The cold that you feel is energy movement/purification.
"Heat and Cold are purification, as are various levels of pleasure, discomfort, twitches, pricks, physical movements (auto-yoga), energy rushes, etc... if they get too much to handle... self pace."
You can read up a bit more here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1224
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2146

I have had similar experiences:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1912#15694
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=5#12320

It is just a phase and will go away. If it is too uncomfortable you may want to cut back on your pranayama time.

Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

GardenBliss

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  1:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit GardenBliss's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Welcome to the forum GardenBliss.

The cold that you feel is energy movement/purification.
"[i]Heat and Cold are purification, as are various levels of pleasure, discomfort, twitches, pricks, physical movements (auto-yoga), energy rushes, etc... if they get too much to handle... self pace...............

It is just a phase and will go away. If it is too uncomfortable you may want to cut back on your pranayama time.

Hope this helps.

Wish you all the best.

Blessings!
Thank you for the welcome, Shanti...

and thank you for the promt reply and all the good advice too...

I guess I just have lots to read on...lots to practice and lots yet to be experienced.....(((HUG)))

Namaste
GardenBliss

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000