Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal Breathing Variation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was talking to this guy who's a part of his spiritual community I'm kind of a part of (waking down) and I told him about my spiritual practice that I'm doing here. And since right now I'm trying o make an effort to get lower he recomended me trying it a different way.
He told me that on the inhalation I go down to the root, and then on the exhalation I settle into my legs. I been trying it out and it feels like it's having a strong effect. I know consistency is strongly recomended here, but also I can't help but questioning particularities. I mean everyone is different, if you know something is oing to benefit you a little bit and it's not going to effect things too much then why not. It's about balance right? Balancing long term consistent intentions as well more short term "in the moment" intuition.
Overall I'm feeling a lot more grounded by the day. As a result from the plethora of things that I'm doing. I saw a chiropractor who's spiritual and he said that it would help me tremendously. Now part of me is afraid to change too much too fast. But also I think it would be hella cool to go though a leap in awareness.

Whateva

Seeya!

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean by settling into your legs? Explain, if you will, the procedure a little more in detail.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  5:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry.
on the inhalationyou fallow the spine dwnward from the third eye down to the root. and then on the exhalation you fallow your breath down from your root spreading out to you two legs down to your feet. when my exhalation is too quick i just try to focus on my entire legs because it's tougher to trace them.
it's a lot more easier for me to do this than the other spinal breathing method. sometimes with the other method it would make me more restless in my mind. this feels like one fluid motion for me and it goes very smoothly and just feels right for the time being.
when i saw the chiropractor they did a type of test showing my energy levels, and in the top of my spine connecting to my head theres so much energy and the rest of my spine barely has any flowing through it. it's getting better though
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  2:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so you go from top to bottom, then repeat? there is no going back up?
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  6:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, just top to bottom and then back to the top. For me it really sets a good intention to get lower which I feel is stronger than when I try to go back up. I acknowledge that it is only temporary until I have a satisfoactory stabilisation. my mental energy is honestly kinda rediculous.
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  03:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddie,
Last thing I'd want to do is send you away from AYP!!! but... if you feel you need to ground your energy, maybe you should look into Taoist practices as well. Or if you want to stay within the yoga tradition, you might want to read some Satyananda, who often takes things down the spine instead of up.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  04:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Eddie,

I do a modified form of the practice you describe. I go from feet to brow on the inhale, and then brow to feet in the exhale. It is great for grounding, and for purifying the whole body. The practice you describe sounds like it will do less purification but have a stronger grounding effect, which is exactly what you need if your energy is top heavy. I do it every day and it has helped me a lot.

If it feels right for you, great!

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000